Tackle Organization

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeA57

Reaction score
Well I'm finally doing it. I'm changing tackle boxes for like the 2nd time in my life. I'm going from an old plastic PLANO 777 box with a drop down front and 5 single space drawers and 1 large drawer for whatever. This thing is waaaaay over 20 years old and is not at all like the current version of the 777.

I'm moving to the BPS Xtreme 370 Qualifier. It will has room for 5 370 boxes and extra pockets on 3 of the 4 sides. How have you guys organized your lures, tools, etc in a bag like this? I know what the basic concept is but I'm used to having EVERYTHING with me and I just get the feeling that I'm not going to be able to get everything in here that I'm used to.

Here's a link to the box I'm moving to:
https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/...-650E-DE11-9E3C-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

Thanks,

Mike

I had a bag similar to that one and you will be suprised how muck crap you will fit in it. I really liked mine but my buddies dog did me a favor and chewed it up for me so now I converted a back pack into my bag and it way easier to carry than my old bag.

I do the same thing as mtnman. Find an old backpack, BAM instant tackle bag. And when I fish for native trout, it's a fanny pack. Ofcourse, I don't have a whole lot of gear either. The one I have now is like a mail carriers bag. I have 3 trays A spool of line, a roll of twine, 3 walmart spiral rod holders, pliers, and a zip lock baggy of spinnerbaits. That way when I'm on the boat, I can just lay out my trays and spinnerbaits on top of the bag and I'm good to go.

Well that was relatively painless. mtnman, you're right. That thing DOES hold a lot of crap. The only thing I didn't get in it were my spinnerbaits, so I've got to figure out how to work them in, but I've still got a larget pocket on the end of the bag that's free. It won't hold a 370 box but it's plenty big enough for something for those pesky spinnerbaits. Thanks for the replies guys!!

Mike

I am also going to switch my tacke storage, but i think i will go with something more simple this time.

Here is what i think i will end up with: https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_59192_100011010_100000000_100011000_100-11-10

Do you guys take your plastic worms out of their bag and put them in plastic boxes? I was afraid they might dry out.

stew6371 said:
Do you guys take your plastic worms out of their bag and put them in plastic boxes? I was afraid they might dry out.

They will not dry out - but they will bleed colors into each other, which is sometimes good!

I have 2 backpack and a UL bag. One Bpack has steelhead/salmon gear #2 has bass/panfish and the bag is UL and fly and I also have a vest
that hasn't been wash for a long time and it keeps people from fishing too close. Not like I'm antifriendly or anything but the rivers here can be combat
fishing at it's finest here. I think its funny when someone looks at me two times and moves 10' away shaking there head.
Egg goo, fish slime/blood and something I'm just not sure of.
WFFF

Captain Ahab said:
stew6371 said:

They will not dry out - but they will bleed colors into each other, which is sometimes good!

A buddy of mine I fish with occasionally keeps all of his plastics in the 370 sized boxes and doesn't have any problems, and he has a lot of plastics.

I keep my plastics in their original pack, then put them in the plastic sleeves/bags in worm binders. I get the ones from Walmart that have the Quantum logo on them for around $5 a piece. They zip close and have a decent handle on them.

MikeA57 said:

I've had that bag for the past 3-4 years I think. Maybe more. It will hold quite a bit of tackle. More than I would want if I was bank fishing. I would guess I have about 25# of gear in it.

I saw you asked about spinnerbaits. I took one of the clear boxes that came with it and put small notches in the dividers (not the removable ones) to allow the wire of the spinnerbait to sit it. That way, the skirt and head sit on one side of the diveder, and the blades are on the other. Buzzbaits work the same way. If that doesn't make sense and you would like a pic, let me know. Also, I bought a zippered worm bag that fits inside the bigger of the 3 side pouches for plastics.

Brine said:
MikeA57 said:
I saw you asked about spinnerbaits. I took one of the clear boxes that came with it and put small notches in the dividers (not the removable ones) to allow the wire of the spinnerbait to sit it. That way, the skirt and head sit on one side of the diveder, and the blades are on the other. Buzzbaits work the same way. If that doesn't make sense and you would like a pic, let me know. Also, I bought a zippered worm bag that fits inside the bigger of the 3 side pouches for plastics.

I ended up getting a spinnerbait box for all of mine and it "kind of" fits in the largest side pocket. To put it in there though I had to take out my worm bag that holds all of my extra worms so it's like I'm 1 spot short in the bag from getting it to hold everything. Not that my old box held everything either but I was really impressed with how much this bag did end up holding. I think I'm gonna like it. One more 370 box to hold my crappie/bream jigs and I'll be set!!

I have 10 3700 series boxes and can fit 5 of them in the bag that Shakespeare was giving away with a combo purchase. I bought 1 combo and received a defective bag Pocket that I don't use was torn) and they sent another so I have 2 bags which works out perfectly... Until I start buying (or winning) more tackle.

Latest posts