Supper tonight

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, my wife asked me if I'd like the red beans and rice with smoked sausage for supper tonight. I immediately said yes..................and she said good, go ahead and start it :shock: . So, right out of the box I'm fixin' Zatarains Red Beans & Rice, with sliced smoked sausage in it. Recipe on the box called for 2 tablespoons of butter, margarine, or olive oil. Figured I'd take a chance and tried the olive oil. I'll let y'all know how it turns out, and if she wants me to cook again after tonight, lol :)

I don't want to see you. I want to see plated grub. :lol:

We have little photo contests of our concoctions on another site that I frequent.

https://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Quackrstackr said:
I don't want to see you. I want to see plated grub. :lol:

We have little photo contests of our concoctions on another site that I frequent.

https://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Lol, well it still has a few more minutes to cook, lol. But I did snap a pic of the cook :lol:

red_beans___rice_tonight%21.jpg

(the flash flooded-out the label on the box) :roll:

I thought that Zatarains was a Southern thing #-o

Have you ever tried their fish fry. I doctor it up a little with cayenne and a few other spices. Dip the filets in a milk/egg batter and the roll them in the Zatarains Fish Fry. Get the grease really hot, put the filets in, and pull them out as soon as they float. OOHH!!!WWWeee!! :D

FishingBuds said:
I'd figure you for a Kiss the Cook apron kinda guy :lol:

Olive oil :wink:

Apron is at the dry cleaners, lol :lol:

Specknreds said:
I thought that Zatarains was a Southern thing #-o

Have you ever tried their fish fry. I doctor it up a little with cayenne and a few other spices. Dip the filets in a milk/egg batter and the roll them in the Zatarains Fish Fry. Get the grease really hot, put the filets in, and pull them out as soon as they float. OOHH!!!WWWeee!! :D

Cayenne :shock: . Sounds hot and good 8)

jirwin6985 said:
man that looks great now im hungry.. I wonder how black beans and rice ships? :lol: Joe

It's a cinch to make; directions right on the box, lol. :) . Add the smoked sausage after the mixture boils, stir, reduce heat to simmer/low for 25-30 minutes.

Zatarain's......................good stuff! 8)

Latest posts