Tooth question?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
I have a jaw tooth that I either have pulled or have a root canal done with a cap, rumor has it that I should not get a root canal cause it still can give me problems down the road, but this mostly comes from those that have not had a root canal done.

I'm all in saving all teeth I got but, would like to see others opinion on the root canal by those that had or know who had it done if its worth it, they are not cheap either by the way. The dentist I got is cool but, of course he's in a buisness and would rather give me a RC.

I've had some bad teeth days latley in the past two years, all my jaw teeth bother me time to time, He's had to do alot of repair work on my jaw teeth in the past few years, he(dentist) thinks I might have T.M.J. and I seem to have the simptoms of it. I don't know too much about that stuff except I agree with the symptoms. My wife says I grit my teeth bad during the night. They supposely make a mouth guard for ya to sleep in to help fix this problem, oh boy :roll:

I have had a few root canals and ALL have turned out 100%. all the pain and grief is gone the minute I get up off the chair. if you have a good doc, you have nothing to worry about. Basically a root canal is just where the doc drills out all the dead roots, cleans it out, jams in some filler rods and caps it off. once the dead material is removed and you get a good dose of antibiotic, all is good again.

My wife has had 3 root canals and she hasn't had any problems with them since then. This is coming from a woman who has had more than her share of dental problems. The only thing she had to say about them is that on occasion of she brushes too hard around those teeth sometimes the gum area around those teeth will start to bleed, but this really doesn't happen very often. I think I would go to great lengths to save my choppers. Once they are gone they are gone, then you have to look at getting permanent false implants if you ever want teeth there again. My Dad just had this done for a few teeth and you if think a root canal is expensive you don't even want to know about this.

Good luck, I know how bad it sucks to have teeth problems. That's one of those pains that you just can't ignore no matter how hard you try.

I've had at least 10 root canals and would recommend the procedure highly. My rational is pretty simple... I've also had 8 teeth pulled (all molars) and all but 4 of those remaining have been capped. I also have 2 dental implants. Having it pulled will cost $100-$200, but down the road you will need either an implant or bridgework as you lose more teeth (and it sounds like you will). Implants in the Philadelphia area cost from $700-$1,500 each and another $300-$500 for the crown that goes on the implant. Bridgework is just a PITA temporary solution but it is cheaper. A root canal should cost between $300-$500 and if you take care of your teeth and don't have any other dental issues, like TMJ or periodontal (gum) disease the tooth should last as long as any other.

The TMJ is a real problem. There is some good information about it here.... https://www.emedicinehealth.com/temporomandibular_joint_tmj_syndrome/article_em.htm

Good luck with it !!

I'm a tooth grinder as well, and my root canal on my molar in back gave out. If you keep the tooth and get the root canal done, get the guard. My only problem with the guard is I have a terrible gag reflex. I cant even chew on gum without gagging.

Latest posts