Just joined

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumMan

Reaction score
Hello, was recommended to this site from a fishing forum for some ideas to mod my jon boat. Must say I think I've hit the jackpot! I'm computer illiterate as one can get, and haven't figured out how to update profile yet sooo...I'm from central Texas. I have a Ultra Grumman 1448 (don't know what year it is) with a 95, 25 Johnson powering it. So far deck has been extended with aluminium and a pedistal seat installed. Manufactured a trolling motor mount out of block aluminium, and a FF mount out of aluminium plate mounted to the oar lock hole. I'm a disabled vet, and not real stable on my feet, so elected to keep the floor and pedistal seat low. Floor is just cut to fit rubber matting with a rubber mesh under it to deaden sound and allow water to drain. Used a small truck box mounted just behind middle seat, that sit's about seat level as a bait cutting platform and drink holder's, battery's are stowed in it and additional storage for other stuff. Space in front of it and seat is stowage for net, oar and machete (no more snake's will climb in my boat for a rest!!!) Currently building rod holder's out of strip aluminum to mount on rail's without drilling holes. (one of them people that hates drilling holes in the boat. No rational reason, just don't like to if I can avoid it.) and trying to figure out how to place a seat by the tiller without drilling. I have some weak ideas but look's like I'll have to drill. Trailer is homebuilt, with off road use in mind. 15" wheel's and about a 5 pound tongue weight for my disabilities. Track's perfect at any speed. Need only get the tire rubber wet to launch the boat. It never occured to me to take before pic's, but will try to get my son to show me how to post some pic's down the road on what it look's like so far.
From what I gather so far, look's like a great bunch of folk's here and some very skilled people! Looking forward to posting with y'all.

Jim said:
:WELCOME: GruMan!

Thanks for joining! :beer:

You need help posting pictures or anything, Let me know!

Jim :USA1:

Thanx G3 and Jim. (G3, my favorite boat!) Yes I could use a little help. Spent my whole life outdoor's and not much computer time. I (obviously) found the reply with quote button, but where's the just regular reply button? How does one create a profile?

At the bottom underneath the last post in a thread is the "post Reply" button.

For your profile, If you look up at the top where it says TinBoats.net, just underneath it you will see "user control panel"

Click on that and you will see "options" on the left hand side. 4-5 down you will see a "Profile" link. When you click on that it allows you to fill in all the information you want.

And I must say you are very lucky to have spent all your life outdoors instead of in front of a computer. =D>

Welcome GrumMan, you'll like it here, sorry to hear your a disabled Vet but you made it back, Thank-You Sir :USA1:

Welcome aboard. I think you'll find a lot of helpfull and nice people here. Some great stuff for ideas and info too.

Captain Ahab said:
Welcome - what did you use / purchase for the rubber mat?

I used scrap passenger aircraft galley floor mat. Free, just pulled it out of the trash. Under it I used that rubber mesh that is used to line the bottom of tool boxes. About $6 at Harbor Frieght. The combination is working great. Soft on the feet, and deaden's sound very well. Not thinking it through, I cut it to exact size. We're having our first bit of rain since Oct. of last year, it's not draining well so look's like I'll have to trim it up a bit to allow some drainage.

Latest posts