Tried to drown my Carrot today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Here's a good one: I'm at city park bank fishing today after work, and had already been there about 1.5 hours. I'd been working different sections of the lake, getting lots of walking accomplished, and I finally got a bite on a Rage Tail Craw (summer color) T-rigged on a Gammy 3/0 EWG, that was rigged on my Carrot Stix. The fish came unbuttoned about 10' feet out from the bank, but I did get a quick glimpse of the tail. That inspired me to keep on trying of course . Couldn't get anymore action on the Rage Tail, so switched to my other rod that had a white spinner bait on it. Anyway, I'm standing there making multiple casts, and my phone rings. It's my wife and dinner is ready. Told her I'd be leaving shortly. Apparently the thought of food threw me off, and on the next cast it feels kinda weird. I follow through with the cast and my Carrot Stix makes a nice splash in the lake :shock: . I had it leaning on my tackle bag behind me, and yep I'd snagged it with the spinner bait I was using.

The rod lands about 5' out from the bank in about 2.5 - 3 fow. Thank goodness the water near the bank is still pretty clear, and I can see it clearly. So, now I'm trying to use the spinner bait on my other rod to hook it and reel it in. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get wet and get the dang rod, but finally hooked it and brought it in. I do have to admit that the bright orange color of the rod helps you see it real well, lol. If I wouldn't have had another rod with me I was going swimming!

jirwin6985 said:
Waterwings said:
If I wouldn't have had another rod with me I was going swimming!
If you diddnt have another rod it wouldnt have ended up in the lake to begin with :lol: #-o Joe

You know what...............I hadn't thought about that, lol. Now I really feel stupid
crazy_face.gif

darb79 said:
Did you at least have an audience to cheer you on (and laugh at you)?

As a matter of fact I did. There was mother with 3 small children, and one of them said "I wanna watch the man fish". At least they didn't say why did the man throw his rod in the water, lol.

hardwatergrampa said:
sounds like a fish story [-X :)

I wish it was just a story, lol. Just came in from the garage where I was taking the side plates off the reel (Shimano Sahara) and dabbing the water out of it with a paper towel, then re-oiled it a touch. Good to go now though! :)

I learned the hard way to only take one rod on those after work quickies at the pond down the road from the house. Last fall I backed up and stepped on my second rod. Stupid... stupid... stupid...

No doubt in my mind, I would have gone swimming to get my carrot back.

I'm glad you got yours back!! I still have dreams of mine going in the water...

I will probably go swimming in another month or 2 when the water gets warmer

All I gotta say is :LMFAO: :LMFAO: :LMFAO:

Ahhh crap.I just jinxed myself.My engine will probably quite and the boat will sink while I'm paddling back to the dock. [-o<

Latest posts