Taking my daughter fishin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb79

Reaction score
This is what its all about. There are some kids ponds close to town that we headed too on monday so that my daughter could practice casting her pink uggo stick. She was fishing a panther martin and was having a blast (as you can see). And what a good little girl, she wanted to release all of them. So with the practice yesterday we headed out on the boat today and she picked up where she left off. She caught a 25" rainbow at her new "secret spot". We tried to get a photo but the fish was in rough shape by the time we landed it so we did a quick release. What great daddy daughter time. I just hope it keeps up when she grows up :cry: .

Attachments

• kamille 1.jpg
    kamille 1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 482
  • kamille 2.jpg
    kamille 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 482
Way to go Sweetheart =D> Nice fishies,,, looks like shes got the fever and if you keep her involved with the outdoors she'll be with her daddy for a long time. =D>

That is awesome. I took my niece fishing a bunch of times last year and she loved it. As long as you keep her at it, she will always love to fish. My mom and dad always took me fishing and I have been a fishing junkie ever since :| I am sure she will be fishing with you for many years to come. Nice Job =D>

Man, that is so great.....

I hadn't fished for about 25-30 years and just started back the last two years. I retired recently and now my son & daughter are grown, never had time to take them fishing when they were young - too busy with work all the time - my career kept me away from fishing, golfing, bowling and I never introduced my kids to any of it. Ah, to have it to do over again?????

russ010 said:
that's awesome! What kind of fish is that in the first pic?

They are both rainbow trout, the gold one is just one of the genetic twists that the fish hatcheries play with. Its almost like an albino trout.

darb79 said:
russ010 said:
that's awesome! What kind of fish is that in the first pic?

They are both rainbow trout, the gold one is just one of the genetic twists that the fish hatcheries play with. Its almost like an albino trout.

We call those Palomino Trout here in PA & NJ. and it seems in other places too. This picture is from Colorado. They are a form of Rainbow Hybrid.
https://www.coloradotrouthunters.com/sitebuilder/images/101_0158-400x292.jpg

From the PA pages.....
"The golden rainbow trout is a gold-orange rainbow trout raised under artificial fish culture conditions and stocked as a novelty for angling sport. The golden rainbow was developed from one fish, a single female trout with a genetic mutation that gave her a mixed golden and normal rainbow trout coloration. She was found in the West Virginia hatchery system in 1954. Through selective breeding with regularly marked rainbow trout, an all-gold, golden rainbow trout was developed. In 1963, this fish strain was popularized as the “West Virginia Centennial Golden Trout.” Pennsylvania and other states hybridized the pure strain of West Virginia golden trout with normal rainbows and produced palomino trout, which were true genetic palominos. Palomino trout were first stocked in Pennsylvania in 1967. Since then, the genetic strain in Pennsylvania has weakened, but in recent years the hybrid was selectively bred back closer to the stronger, better-colored golden rainbow trout. Although palominos were stocked as both average-sized and large trout, today’s golden rainbow is raised only to trophy size for anglers and stocked throughout the state.

The golden rainbow trout is a different species than the golden trout (Oncorhynchus aguabonita) of some California streams. In fish hatcheries, the rainbow trout has occasionally produced other unusual genetic mutations, such as the blue rainbow trout, whose body color is sky-blue.

Identification: Golden rainbows are a deep golden-yellow in body color, with pinkish lower fins, pink or red tones on their cheeks and with the rainbow’s reddish lateral stripe. There is no spotting on the body or fins. The Pennsylvania record golden rainbow trout is over 11 pounds.

Habitat: The golden rainbow trout’s habitat preferences are identical to those of the normally colored rainbow trout. It is stocked throughout the state in appropriate trout waters. No rainbow trout or golden rainbows are planted in the Lake Erie watershed.

Life history: The golden rainbow is reared in fish culture stations. Spawning in the wild is unlikely, because golden rainbows are highly visible in streams both to anglers and predators like blue herons and ospreys. Golden rainbows and palomino rainbows grow larger and faster than regular rainbows. They have “hybrid vigor,” a trait often seen in crossbred plants and animals. Their food preferences are similar to those of other trout."

Those are great pics.

Two of my favorite pics of my kids are of thier first fishing trip. They caught like 30 perch and had em on a stringer stretched out between them. Both ot em are smiling ear to ear. That pic is hanging on one of the walls in the house.

Popeye said:
Yeah, one of those would end up being my screen saver I'm sure.
The one of her holding the goldie is set as the background. Its great because this week is spring break, and I dont start work until april. So needless to say, fishin every day. And this little girl sure can cast! :D

darb79 said:
Popeye said:
Yeah, one of those would end up being my screen saver I'm sure.
The one of her holding the goldie is set as the background. Its great because this week is spring break, and I dont start work until april. So needless to say, fishin every day. And this little girl sure can cast! :D

Background, that's what I meant.