A friend maybe coming home.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben2go

Reaction score
A 1972 15' Glastron tri hull, that was owned by a friend of mine, has gone to the dogs.His brother let the boat sit outside uncovered.I recently found out that he is looking to keep the motor,a 1973 85HP Sea King,and trash the hull and trailer.The hull is rough looking but in sound condition.The trailer looks bad but is in good condition.Now here is why I am so fond of this boat.The original owner was my friend's dad's boat.Their dad was a good friend also.We worked at the airport together when I was a pilot and line service tech.He recently passed away from Alzheimer's disease.I would like to clean the boat up,put another motor on it and keep it as a keep sake.This man was kind of a father figure to me growing up, because my father passed away when I was very young.Another thing I should mention is,it was the first boat that a helped to modify.

What motor would be a good replacement for the 1973 85HP Sea King?I'm looking to stay with an early 70's motor.It's a remote steer set up and I would like to stay with that and some where between the 75HP and 85HP.I'm not sure what max HP is.I'll have to see if there is a data plate on it.I know the Sea King is a light motor so I'd like to stay with a light motor.

Ohhh,don't fret.I'm not giving up my jon boat.I'm keeping it for those solo days out and small lakes. :mrgreen:

I cant offer any advice on the motor, but that's a great story!

Good Luck!

glad to hear your getting something with some sentamental value

btw: i think in both our best interest's you should sell me that trailer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hardwatergrampa said:
good luck with the boat maybe if you tell the guy the story he will let the motor go with the boat

He knows they story seeing how his dad was the owner before him and his brother is a good friend of mine.

Latest posts