Pink fishing rod/reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
Well I have been talking up opening day of trout season to my niece. She has been hinting that she wants something better than her spongebob rod. She wants something pink. I would like to get her something decent, as she really enjoys when I take her fishing. I know I saw pink rods somewhere, but I cannot remember where. I would like something no longer than 5' but no shorter than 4', as she is still pretty short. I figure if I can find a rod that's not pink, but a reel that is; she will be very happy, or vice versa. I don't think she is ready for a spinning reel, but either an under spin or spincasting will be fine. I only ask for others to surf because I am stuck on annoyingly slow dial-up and cannot deal with searching. Thanks in advanced

--Jake

https://www.baitnhook.net/shakespeareuglystikladiesspincastingcombo.aspx

The spin cast is what my 6 year old daughter has and she loves it. Its small enough that she can cast it by herself. And since its an ugly stick she cant break it too easy.

I just bought my wife the Lady Trion by Pflueger. It seems to be a good quality spinning pole. My wife used hers for the first time on SUnday and loved it. I spooled it up with some 4 lb. and she couldnt believe how far she could cast it. It is 4'8" and I got it at Cabelas for 50 bucks I think. Check it out. Some proceeds go to benifit breast cancer research. So it was a win win!

last year when me and the gf were at walli world getting fishing liscense she saw a pink pole she just had to have. its a 5.5ft spinning real. still works suprisingly.. :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot everyone. I will check out the links and also wal mart and dicks sometime soon. Trout starts april 4th so I have a little time. I am sure she will love anything I get her, as long as there is pink somewhere. I just want to make sure I do get something too big, she is only 5 and still very short.

Thanks again :!:

Ugly stik puts out one that is mostly black with hot pink hilights. It also gives a portion of proceeds to breast cancer research. I saw them at Cabelas for 30$ I think.

Thanks for all the input. I think I may be going another way. I am just having a hard time finding a rod that will be the right size. I have an old 4'6" uglystick that I think will be the right length, and I am just gonna get a spincast reel and paint it pink. I figure if I paint the reel pink, she can put sparkly crap and stickers all over it, and we will have a fun time doing that. We'll see what happens.

jkbirocz said:
Thanks for all the input. I think I may be going another way. I am just having a hard time finding a rod that will be the right size. I have an old 4'6" uglystick that I think will be the right length, and I am just gonna get a spincast reel and paint it pink. I figure if I paint the reel pink, she can put sparkly crap and stickers all over it, and we will have a fun time doing that. We'll see what happens.

ohhhhhhh yeah

Can you paint my reels while you are at it?

I dont know my ugly stick to be any heavier than my 6'6'' graphite Kevin Vandam rod/reel combo. Or my shaw grisby combo.

CRAPPIES ARE A BITING THOUGH! woohoo

Well I spent the weekend at my girlfriend's in MD, mainly working on her house and hanging out with her parents. Saturday night, after working on her house all day, we went to the mall and had dinner and plenty of delicious beer at Du Claw, then headed to BPS to look for a fishing rod for my niece. I had a $50 worth of giftcards to blow, so I picked out a perfect combo for my niece and some personal defense 9mm. The rod and reel combo I got is a pflueger 4'8" UL underspin lady trion. The main body of the reel is pink and so are the wraps on the rod. I am going to give it to my niece tomorrow. I think there is enough pink for her to be very happy. If not, I will paint the face of the reel pink and we can do the glitter and sticker treatment :lol: If she does not like it, I just might keep it for sunnies and small creek fishing myself, I can deal with the pink, it feels like a pretty nice UL combo.

Sounds like a good deal and if you are interested, you can also order a free pink fishing hat (pay shipping) from Pflueger as well.

https://www.pfluegerfishing.com/images/PFL%20FREE%20HAT%20OFFER%20MEDIUM.pdf

Latest posts