Anchormate??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeA57

Reaction score
How many of you use an anchormate on your rig? If so, do you have 1 or 2? I like the idea but I'm just afraid it'd get in the way. Also, I don't have solid decks in mine, I've still got the bench seats so I'm not sure about where to mount the crank so it doesn't get in the way. If you use them, can you post pictures of how you've got them mounted?

I've been thinking about one of those or even an electric one with the same concerns. I was actualling thinking of running the line through some conduit to the crank to keep that out of the way. My other concern is how securely the anchors stay in the holder when going through some heavy waves.

I don't have one, but the ones that I've seen mounted were mounted to the sides (or on a bench at the side) with the rope run through pulleys to the bow.

I've thought about them before, but don't really have the need, plus don't want to drill holes, and it would probably be in my way. It doesn't take that long to haul up my anchor by hand in the shallow water I fish. A buddy of mine has an electric one on his tin rig, and he used a winch from an ATV. He removed the cable and installed nylon rope It works great! 8)

darb79 said:
My anchormate is my wife. sometimes she complaines, thats why I pack the ipod :lol:

GEEZ!!!! Why didn't I think of that! That's great darb79!!!

Well, I went fishing last week and I was using a friend's boat but I took my anchor. I use an old metal wire spool to keep my anchor rope rolled up on and it worked OK, but I only pulled off enough from the spool to drop to the depths where I was fishing. I still had rope running across the deck when it was down, then it pooled up on the deck when I had it out of the water, so it's not completely foolproof but I think when I get my boat back in the water and get my system down I can probably make it work. The electric ATV winch is a good idea except for the fact that I don't have one (or 2) or those laying around. And if I did, I'd probably put it on my trailer to crank my boat back onto it. That'd be slick!!

Mike

Then I was reading the thread about big boats, and I found this:

It's a Minn-Kota Deckhand. I kind of like that everything is built into one self contained unit. But at $136 each I could pull up a whole lotta achor rope by hand.

Attachments

• MKDeckhand.jpg
    MKDeckhand.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 745

Latest posts