*****Zebco Reel Recall*****

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK.I am not sure if this is the gov over stepping, like with the atvs,scooters,and motorcycles, or if it is a legitamit issue.

Good find either way.Thanks for keeping us informed.

The new lead standards are pretty critical from what I've heard. I remember reading a story about small motorcycles designed for kids motocross that couldn't be sold because of the lead content in certain parts. There was one guy that had like 8 or 10 of them he couldn't sell.

These are spinning reels, not likely to be used by kids so young that they would be putting them in their mouths. I know guys that still pinch down split shot with their teeth. I am not advising anyone to ingest lead, it just seems overkill to think someone is going to ingest the paint off of these spinning reels. Aren't most fishermen still handling unpainted lead sinkers and jigs?

Oops,

Illinois is already working on that with Senate Bill 1269.

https://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?/pso/article/lead_sinker_jig_ban_proposed/

All childrens books printed before (I believe) 1998 are considered unsafe as well. I think our govt. has gone mad personally.

Popeye said:
The new lead standards are pretty critical from what I've heard. I remember reading a story about small motorcycles designed for kids motocross that couldn't be sold because of the lead content in certain parts. There was one guy that had like 8 or 10 of them he couldn't sell.

This has effect our state so bad that some dealers have went belly up and the rest are stand on the desk of the govener,screaming at him to fix it.

Henry Hefner said:
These are spinning reels, not likely to be used by kids so young that they would be putting them in their mouths. I know guys that still pinch down split shot with their teeth. I am not advising anyone to ingest lead, it just seems overkill to think someone is going to ingest the paint off of these spinning reels. Aren't most fishermen still handling unpainted lead sinkers and jigs?

I'm still chewing on lead sinkers.Some are more than 30 years old.

Latest posts