Anniversary coming up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, got home today and made reservations for the wife and I at Patti's 1880's Settlement Restaurant, for next Tuesday. Tuesday will be our 14th wedding anniversary, and we always try to make it to Patti's (about 65 miles from here) and have dinner and walk around the different shops located around the restaurant. Last year we missed going there because we decided to go to Big Cedar Lodge in MO for a couple of days, and the year before that we went to Maryland for an orienteering competition (school trip). If you're ever around/near Grand Rivers, KY, be sure and stop in and enjoy some really good, country-style cooking. :)

https://www.pattis-settlement.com/pattis_history.htm

The Deep Fried Dills are a great appetizer! :wink:

Sounds like a great time! Dinner and those little shops after are always cool. We have a few areas like that around here too!

Have fun Mr. and Mrs. Waterwings! (Don't drink too much) :wink:

I have often looked at that place when we drive by on my way to my cabin I guess we should stop
have a great time

Wayne

We eat there each year at the end of the Annual Fishing Trip. I usually drink about a gallon of ice tea to rehydrate myself before hitting the road.

Yes Patti's, Cool little place. When we'd go to Hillman's fairy on vacation most the time we'd eat there and eat at (I think its called) Cat Fish Skillet. haven't been back the last two years so I'm having trouble remembering where its at. They have an awsome bean soup and hot sauce to put init. The place is all ways packed when we go.

FishingBuds said:
Yes Patti's, Cool little place. When we'd go to Hillman's fairy on vacation most the time we'd eat there and eat at (I think its called) Cat Fish Skillet. haven't been back the last two years so I'm having trouble remembering where its at. They have an awsome bean soup and hot sauce to put init. The place is all ways packed when we go.

Try to make reservations ahead of time if you know when you'll be in that area. They only take phone reservations, and have a 1-800 # listed on their site. When I made the reservation today the lady asked me if it was a special occasion, and I said anniversary. She then asked if we would like them to sing to us. I promptly replied "I'd rather you didn't", and then she said "Well if you change your mind just let us know". Yeah, right. Not changing my mind about that, lol.

Wonder if Mrs. Waterwings would get upset if someone called their 1-800 number and told them you changed you mind... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Must be a nice place if you try to get back there each anniversary, Happy early 14th my friend. =D>

Latest posts