Lake Audrey/New Jersey opening soon(Smallie Heaven)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish devil

Reaction score
:twisted: People here in S. Jersey are getting really excited about this new lake scheduled to open to the public next Spring. Its been stocked with smallies and other forage fish. SM up to four lbs. have been caught by a select few who are allowed to fish it. https://www.sjbca.org/audreyinfo.htm

BassAddict said:
cool!! Where is this lake located? What are the x-streets?

I guess I would consider it Mauricetown, NJ

Mauricetown Bypass and Buckshutem Road are the nearest roads.

I can't wait to fish this place! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Here is a map

Audrey.jpg

I know I cant wait!!! What would make this place even better is making it a C&R lake, if they dont there will be chunks taken out and mounted or eaten. I had asked "the man" before about making it C&R and was told it wouldnt be fair to the people who purchased a license and wanted to keep their catches, so if this is true than why are some people allowd to fish it now and others cant? I dont care, just courious, they know what they stocked it with so why fish it at all, gotta love politics.

100% catch & release in not the answer slot limits work much better in helping to achieve a quality fishery. as for tournaments the state could require a permit to keep fish above the slot limit that Must be released after the event. Fla has lakes like that.
When we built our 43 acre lake and stocked it we didn't fish it for the first 2 years and had catch and release for the next 2 now we reove a few big fish every year most are relocated to our other lakes on the property

redbug said:
we didn't fish it for the first 2 years and had catch and release for the next 2 now we reove a few big fish every year most are relocated to our other lakes on the property

I like C&R for a while, (the longer the better) to give the fishery a chance to get going. No C&R here though, This place is going to get pounded hard, I just dont want it to fail before it has a chance to get established and with no C&R, people are going to keep these fish for whatever reason.

I would never eat a bass anyways, huuuaaaaaa. I know what you mean about C&R though, Me and my wife were out enjoying some perch fishing one day over this past winter on the ice. We had a pretty good day, and kept about 12 11" + perch. We start up the Quad and my wife nudges me and says look over there --------->
I turn around and here is this guy throwing about 20 or so 3" to 4" fish of all diff. species, far beyond revival on the ice???? He then left. I casually followed him out to his car, and asked why he did that. He said cuz he'd have to catch 50 more like that to make a meal..... I swiftly wrote down his plate# and called him in to the DNR. Don't know what happened to him if anything, but sure made me mad :evil:

Latest posts