Gotta get a new anchor.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I have to go buy another anchor now. Went out fishing the other day and my river anchor got snagged in something so bad that pulling up with all my strength I nearly capsized my boat. Tried using the main motor pulling upstream to no avail as well. Ended up cutting the line. :evil:

It's your lucky day Popeye! I happen to be a recent expert on anchor's (J/K.)

I've had my fluke anchor stuck a couple times, so know how aggravating that can be.

When I bought my jonboat, my son got me a small mushroom anchor as a gag gift. Turn's out it's no joke. If where you fish has a soft bottom, I recomment it. Never got it stuck, hold's the boat unbelieveably well, has never failed to hold even in very windy condition's.

I have cut 3 anchors in 3 years. Been having some real bad luck #-o . I even use a mushroom anchor but the rocks/boulders have a way of getting those things and not giving them back. I almost sunk the canoe on the second one, we were taking on water fast. I don't think a regular river anchor would ever make it one trip on our river. Hopefully now with the jon boat I'll have better luck!

i had a big gar bite my anchor line in half when pulling it up in the cumberland river. it scared the crap out of me when i almost went overboard and there were a school of 3 to 5' gar all around the boat. now i just use a good ole' half cinder block :mrgreen:

gotta be carefull when trying to motor your anchor loose. thats how them football players capsized there boat the other month