Jersey Experances

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
So the last few days have been interesting to say the least.

Yesterday it was off to Pennsville to meet up with Dave (ESQUIRED) and Joe (jirwin) for a little striper fishing. I arrived about an hour late at our Mc Donalds meeting spot and after some ball busting over my tardiness it was off to get bait and then some pizza to kill time until the tide was right. We arrived at our spot around 4:00 and Joe and Dave got to work setting up and were more than patient with my never ending string of questions about striper fishing. Soon after this my bait runner starts to go off and the fights on!! Well it wasn't much of a fight, the catfish K.O.ed the ole BassAddict in the 2nd round LOLOL!!! After this the bite was non existent, but we managed to amuse ourselves for the next 4 hours with more sillynes, eating some tasty pork Dave brought, smoking cigarettes and dodging rain drops. All the while we still drowned blood worms hoping for that one more bite that never happened. All in All it was a great day and even though we did not catch anything it was still a great experience since I never been striper fishing. Thanks guys!!! I can not wait to do it again!!!

Here is the only pictures I managed to get, this must be the local PA/NJ salute. You PA/NJ guys really like to give it while driving too!!!!!

davefinger800.jpg

joeFinger800.jpg

I said so-long to the guys around and got back on the road about 8:30 figuring that Id take it easy and do a little clothes shopping today for the bachelor party on Saturday. Then after about 30 minutes guess who called? Yup Mr Moo!!!!! who invited me fishing with him in his 16' Lowes and after a call back and about 3 minutes of wennie whining about my schedule today I said $%@# it, and decided to meet him at 8AM at the jersey diner, a short drive later and we were at the lake. We rigged up, got the boat launched and headed to the fishing grounds!!! I was in my element and was certain Id catch a fish!!!! Mr. Moo struck first and picked up a nice little smallie on a phantom Shad 5" stick!! As fishing time grew short my hope of catching a fish faded, I didnt care tho, I had a perma-smile from the boat ride and Mr. Moos company!!! Thanks again Mr Moo. I still have that ole Perma-Smile :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

moossmallie800.jpg

Thanks again All!! All of you are a class act and I hope I get time to do it all again before I leave. I really appreciate everything you guys have done for me!!!

Denny IS the man and if you check out the picture the Shamooian is throwing that secret PA/NJ salute, well actually it isnt a secret, Pa/NJ residents have been "throwing" it at each other for a while, I thought it was a sign of endearment. They should make foam fingers in that form and hand them out when you pay your toll.

Both trips look like a lot of fun. I heard a lot about the stiper outing from Dave, I wish I could have come. Denny, hopefully we can work out a trip while you are still up north.

jkbirocz said:
Both trips look like a lot of fun. I heard a lot about the stiper outing from Dave, I wish I could have come. Denny, hopefully we can work out a trip while you are still up north.

Get with Dave we are trying to get a south jersey 1/2 day striper, 1/2 day bass/pickerel trip going on tuesday or wed maybe you can bum a ride off him! Another possibility is on the 18th, my bro will be down but maybe we can hit up your way and you can put me on one of your smallie spots!!!

Captain Ahab said:
And here is the April Fool himself:

Keep the rod tip up

Do not snag my line

More Pizza?

And

"dont drive like a man maniac!"