Almost had it figured-out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Well, the Lowe's delivery just left here a little while ago. We bit the bullet and purchased a new washer/dryer set. Went with the Samsung brand of the front-loading models on the 15" pedastals. I did a lot of measuring and figuring to ensure they would fit in the hallway "closet" they go in. Got everything right, except didn't figure on the closet bi-fold doors being in the way of the drawers that slide out of the pedastals. Looks like I may have to get rid of the bi-folds and install two single doors that will open into the hallway. Thought I had everything figured, but I will make it work!
crazy_face.gif

WW, enlighten me on something.... what is the new fascination with front loading units? I can see their benefit in certain applications but they are darn near the only models being offered this year at my local Lowe's.

Is there something that I don't know about them that makes them better than the traditional units or are they simply the fashion now and people have some absolute need to watch their laundry spin around? Maybe spinning laundry is akin to man's fascination with staring at a camp fire. :mrgreen:

Quackrstackr said:
WW, enlighten me on something.... what is the new fascination with front loading units? I can see their benefit in certain applications but they are darn near the only models being offered this year at my local Lowe's.

Is there something that I don't know about them that makes them better than the traditional units or are they simply the fashion now and people have some absolute need to watch their laundry spin around? Maybe spinning laundry is akin to man's fascination with staring at a camp fire. :mrgreen:

The front loaders are even more energy efficient....so I heard.

It happens :lol:

Helped a buddy bring in a fridge at his house, huge sucker, we had to take doors off and still wiggle it thru. This was the biggest fridge I have ever seen still to date. I asked if he measured it to fit, he said that his Father inlaw did, so the hole two or so hours of unloading and getting into the house with it, I kept saying I hope it fits, well it didn't, My wife took a cell phone snapp shot of us right when we realized it wasn't fitting.

you can actually see the unbeliefe in my buddies eyes, he's the one on his back, I'm buckled over with a little bit of laughter.
halloweenwittywats060.jpg

Quackrstackr said:

Lots of reasons for them being better choices.......
https://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-advantages-of-a-front-loading-washing-machine.htm

Lots of reasons why they may not be a better choice, too. :lol:

https://www.consumersearch.com/washing-machine-reviews/washing-machine-types

Jim said:
Quackrstackr said:

The front loaders are even more energy efficient....so I heard.

70% less water useage, mounted on the 15" pedastal it's easier on [our] backs when loading/unloading, and they're quieter. We hauled our other machines over to our youngest daughter's apt. Friday after work, because she didn't have any. We'll probably save more money now that she's doing laundry at her place instead of here, lol.

The one thing we learned is that the washer takes High Efficiency detergent (bottle has an "he" on it). Lower sudsing action. If regular detergent is used it might ruin the door seal and you'll have suds everywhere. Oh, Lowe's didn't have any doors the width I needed, so while walking the aisles it dawned on me :idea: that I can attach straight braces horizontal across the back of the doors (out of view) at top, middle, bottom, & paint everything white to match the doors. This will stop their bi-fold function. I bought some new hinges to attempt the feat hopefully tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I did watch the clothes spin for awhile, lol. :lol:

Latest posts