Repair Manual

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
I'm looking on line for a repair or service manual for my 40hp Force outboard. I see there are lots on CD's and lots called "SELOC"?? Is Seloc a generic manual? Is it any good? or, should I keep looking for an original "Force" manual?

Also, are the CD versions worth anything? I sorta think I'd like to have a book in front of me in the garage to look at rather than keep going back to a computer instruction?? Thoughts??

Thanks...

BTW - ther reason I'm looking is that I ordered an impeller kit and now I need to have instructions as to how to replace it?? :? You Tinboats guys said I could do it myself - see: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7513

so, I'm gonna give it a try, but not without some instructions :roll: :?

I have mixed feelings about the cd it does have some good info but the real hard to find stuff isnt there.I like alot of detail.I had a force 225 hp that needed a coil pack but I ended up selling the boat because the coil pack was $1100.00 and I paid 400 for the boat so i sold the boat and bought a tinnie.

I have a Seloc for my Johnson. it was cheaper then the Factory manual. its not quite as detailed as I would like. its a good manual, but not a great manual.

I also prefer to have the book with me while im out in the garage.

I don't really like the SELOC or Clymer manuals for the same reason shizzy mentioned. They are made to cover a bunch of outboards from a 20 plus year time. Thus, some important details, such as link and sync data, are left out. A CD of the factory service manual is nice, seeing as with the CD, you can print out the pages you will need, and take them into the shop with you, and then throw them away later, after they are all greasy. You can only get so much grease on a book before it is illegible. I guess you could make a photocopy of the pages of the book as well.

I use the seloc online manual, its helped me :)

It has an order feature too thats cool.

I used it on the lower unit repair, the water pump was easy but all the seals for the prop shaft was hard, it ended up leaking again on me, so I screwed up some where, I was so peed off I swore I'd take it too the marine man next time.

:lol: I'm cooled off now about it and would try it again, its alot cheaper. $90 bucks doing it myself verses $400 bucks taken it in to the local marine man.

Latest posts