We've been robbed!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
On Monday, my dad noticed when he got home that the front door was unlocked. He didn't think anything of it.
The next morning, my mom was looking for some jewelry but noticed her jewelry box was messed around with - everything was tossed everywhere. A jar full of silver coins was emptied. We called the police immediately, and they found that the robber had used a scewdriver to bust the lock, and left out of the front door. We're thankful that they only stole about $7,000 worth of jewelry, but it is still some frightening stuff!

That sucks man... I pitty the fool who breaks in to my house... My German Shepherd might be a nice surprise....

That sucks man. I feel your pain. People are getting more and more bold recently. My friend had her house broken into when she was home. Its happening a lot more, even in gated neighborhoods. Good thing no one was hurt.

About 15 years ago, we had a guy rob our house while we were home, asleep. Got in through an unlocked back door #-o and he went through the entire house, even into all our bedrooms. Took over $20,000 in jewlery, another $1,500 in cash from my wife's purse and my wallet and a 2' tall jug with about $2,000 in coins (musta weighed over 100 lbs). Left a TV set he stole from a house around the corner on our front lawn. Cops figured the jug of change was about the same size and worth more than the TV so he swapped them out.

He got caught 2 weeks later in the next town and pled guilty to our burglary and several others in the area. Did 2.5 years of a 5 year term. Never got any of our stuff back though. :x

ive had my truck broken into and cleaned out but never the house. sorry to hear about the loss, it sucks when somebody takes something that you've worked hard for. there tuff times rite now and its getting to peoples. hopefully if it ever happens again you can great the macburgler with the business end of a gun

Dude that sucks, I'm glad no-one got hurt. I cant imagine a stranger coming into my house and take something. I dont know how I would react if I woke up and caught someone red handed but I'm pretty sure it would be "game on"

My car was broken into and robbed of some very expensive stereo equipment, so I feel your pain. Not to mention, the scumbag who robbed it the first time, came back and broke into again about a month later. Stories like yours get me so pissed. What ever happened to people working, and making an honest living, and using money to buy things they want. But instead they just think it's easier to go and steal **** from other people. Just remember, every dog has it day. It may nt be soon, but one day, that person will get thiers.

It just sucks that there is no respect. :x My car was broke into a few years back. they stole the cd player, it was the only thing in there that looked worth stealing. When we called the cops to come and take a look he was asking the standard questions, what kind, how much was it worth, ect. He got a pretty big kick when I said that the whole unit fried out about 2 weeks earlier. I would have liked to see the burglars face when he found out that after all of that effort to get the stereo out, it didnt work!

before we moved into mu current house I had a storage unit that was broken into. they took over 10k in fishing gear and 250 videos my wife had collected. They even stole my wife's mothers ashes. (scumbags)
With the way things are with the economy this will become More common

Wayne

I've been hit also and it's a feeling like none other. I just hope that a burglar makes the mistake of trying it someday when Smith and Wesson and I are home.

sorry to here i have been hit five times in the last 14 months, it all started with my wifes truck the day before are wedding, then my finnaly completed trailer with my new 3/4 ton axles sitting on it for two hours and they took it in the after noon, then my garage , my truck , and my garage two more times and the last time they came through the back wall . i live in a apartment that by the looks out it it would be a great place to live but its not. and the people in the office say that it is a friend of my that is jacking me, and says no one else is geeting jacked. to find out talking around that there are alot of people. so to every one out there dont move in to maplewood apts in minnesota. :evil:

In my line of work (although now retired) I saw way too many victims of these type of crimes. More often than not, it was lack of being conciencious on the part of the victim - i.e., keeping a purse on the table right near a slidding door; not locking up the house; leaving valuables in the car in plain view, etc. In your case, they broke the lock - very bold and nothing you can do about that. One thing I always recommended was to put some alarm stickers on the front and back door - even if you don't have an alarm. I have always done this but I could get them from the alarm company guys who came out on alarm calls. I bet if you saw a alarm guy working in a new house or somewhere, you could talk him out of some stickers (maybe for a couple bucks). The company itself probably won't want to give you a sticker if you're not buying a system from them. Or, like Russ said, a big German Shepard :) :)

Sorry for your invasion of privacy and loss.....

How to Install a Redneck Home Security System

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo Magazine.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

Bubba,

Me, Big Momma and Slim went to Walmart for more ammo and some beer. Be back in an hour or so. Don't mess with the pit bulls. They attacked the mailman yesterday and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside, specially since they just sneak up on ya and don't give no warning barks

Cooter

Latest posts