Annual Sea Bass Trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Each and every year since about 1989 I have gone deep sea wreck fishing for Sea Bass in the second or third week of January. Last year I opened up (and organized) this strip to members of a few local fishing web sites. We ended up with 24 anglers who braved the cold for this trip - and we all caught fish!

DATE: SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, 2008

TIME: EARLY AM, FIGURE AROUND A 5 AM DEPARTURE

Indian River Marina
838 Inlet Road
Indian River, DE 19971

(Use mapquest if you are unsure how to get there)

COST: TBA (should be in the $150.00 range)

Again, just like last year, let me know if you are in ASAP.

You need to mail me a check or money order for the fare

Make the check payable to Bandit V

Mail to:
UC Help Center
P.O. Box 34
Allentown, PA 18105

Email, PM or post below if you are in so I can add you to the list
C_Bass_060.jpg

C_Bass_029.jpg

C_Bass_008.jpg

C_Bass_040.jpg

Hmm.... I might just tag along. I'll have to run it through and bring my dad though!

Do you guys use those butterfly jigs from shimano (like in that one picture of you) or do you use livebait or what? Around winter, late fall, I usually use green crabs or fiddler crabs for blackfish and black sea bass (although that's inshore).

Oh, and, PLEASE LEAVE IN NJ!

Oh and also what equipment is for rental (do you know)? It doesn't have to be good stuff, just decent, I am just wondering.

Bait is clam and maybe some squid. Most people bring other stuff, fish bites, gulp, etc.

The equipment for rental is decent, usually Penn 309 w/ offshore rod. As I said in my post, we share equipment on the boat and no one rented anything.

We had a great time, lots of BSing on the way out (I slept :D ) and a great day in January catching fish.

Here are some links to possible boats that we will use this year. We will be doing the 18 hour trip.

https://www.jjcboats.com/wreck_trips.html

We used the Atlantic Star last year and they treated us great!

https://www.fishbandit.com/

Capt. Scotty was awesome for a spring Taug trip. He will likely sail from IRI, DE and we might have the whole boat! Super nice boat BTW

https://www.bigjamaica.com/index.html

The Big Jamaica was one of the 1st to do these trips and the 1st boat that I used. The crowds on this boat can be rough, lots of NY guys with no manners whatsoever. This boat probably will catch the most fish day ion and day out, but the experience is poor.

This is a last resort boat

Esquired, that sounds like alot of fun! I've always wanted to do one of those mid winter wreck trips. If there is room I might be interested in joining you guys. When do you decide which boat you're going to take?

Bryan - def. come - lots of guys from saltfish will be there as well.

I will make choice around thanksgiving - waiting to hear back from Capt. Scotty on the Bandit V

Cool! I can't think of a place I'd rather be on a cold January day than the middle of the ocean :lol: That would be nice if you got the Bandit

Let me know when when you decide on a date and when you need the money by. Also please reserve a rod for me from the shared rods, otherwise im bringing my big blue cat rod :lol:

my pops and cousin just went out of Brielle,NJ. My cousin won pool with a 6lb sea bass, he gave my pops $50. Pops thought he was rich. Oh Pops is 86 years young and been fishen all his life, he had a minnie stroke 2 yrs. ago, went through brain surgery and when he got home he rigged two poles and they set by the back door for two years till he got a chance to go fishen. The first time out(headboat) he took his 9 ft. surf rod and kept hitting the the upper deck of the boat when he cast LMAO, sorry just thought Id share that with ya anyway pool was $200.00

Mr. Shamoo - I hope you will get out there with us this January.

I guess your Pop and Cousin went on the Big Jamacia?

Haig (The General) will likely be there as well as a few other Barners (the good ones, LOL). Lots of Saltfish guys, when I did this trip last year we had a great turnout and a blast.

Everyone here is invited and we will find a rod and reel for you to use, so no worries.

Don't worry about rods and reels, I can bring enough ultralight combos for everyone.

The pool will be mine :twisted:

Bryan_VA said:
Don't worry about rods and reels, I can bring enough ultralight combos for everyone.

The pool will be mine :twisted:

Great - that is all I use anyway make sure they only have about a 100 feet of line, that will really help you with the pool

Just got off the phone with Capt. Scotty of the Bandit V. He will put together a nice trip for us - at least a 12 hour trip (we do not need to do an 18 hr trip becuase he is much closer to the fishing grounds)

We will be fishing on the 53 mile wrecks and rock piles :D These are notorious spots for GIANT sea bass and other species.

Bandit V is a brand new boat and super clean - plenty of room to fish, and a great crew, they get the best bait and know what they are doing.

DATE: SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, 2008

TIME: EARLY AM, FIGURE AROUND A 5 AM DEPARTURE

Indian River Marina
838 Inlet Road
Indian River, DE 19971

(Use mapquest if you are unsure how to get there)

COST: TBA (should be in the $150.00 range)

Again, just like last year, let me know if you are in ASAP.

You need to mail me a check or money order for the fare

Make the check payable to Bandit V

Mail to:
UC Help Center
P.O. Box 34
Allentown, PA 18105

Email, PM or post below if you are in so I can add you to the list

Latest posts