what a weekend

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb79

Reaction score
Well, this last weekend I finally got my family moved out of the little appartment that we moved into when I started school here. I just didnt realize the junk that can be aquired in such a short time (all my wifes). But the nice thing is we have a BIG yard for my 2 girls to run around in and play and my wife has her room that she does all of her scrapbooking, sewing and all of that other fu fu crap in. And I have a garage to tinker around in.
The last place we were in was right off a main road and it didnt have any fence to keep the girls away from the road. Plus the landlord there refused to maintain the property. there were cracks in the flooring in the bathroom with the sub-floor exposed that he said were just fine! We are just glad to be out of there!

Have any of you guys had one of these "bad appartments" or "bad landlords"?

glad your intomore comfortable accomidations.

last time we moved the garage and outside stuff took up more space than the rest of the house.

Good to hear it! Good news for the kids too! =D>

My dad is a Landlord (not like that though) but we have seen the nightmares from bad landlords.....The things they get away with.

i lived in an appartment that was a house devided into 5 apartments in east nashville (horrible part of town). the bathroom was so small you couldnt shut the door and do buisness at the same time, if anyone in the house turned on the water while you were taking a shower you lost all water, the shower was built for a tub and they jery riged a shower head in there so the hole wall and window had mildew growing everywhere, and finially every window was sealed shut. now the bad part about it was our nextdoor neighbors where drug dealers wich resulted in a driveby shooting atleast 1ce a month, hookers would be knocking on the door every day, and you had to have a pistol in your hand if you walked outside to your truck at nite.

other than that i had a great time up there. nashvilles a pretty cool place for a single dude if you get out of the ghetto

I lived in a tiny and crappy apartment for three years in college. These were small complexes that were built in the late 60's/70's. It had electric heating in the ceiling, which absolutely sucked, and made a huge electric bill. Our landlord was awful, never showed up when we called with problems, never replaced anything, even after multiple calls. The washers and dryers in the place ate our quarters. When they did decide to work, the spin cycles sucked, so the clothes would be soaking wet when you took it out of the washer, and it took atleast 2 cycles in the dryer to dry even a small load. It was like $15 to do wash....what a joke.

The only thing we ever got from him was a new refridgerator. I had to deal with the crappy, super old fridge for over two years. It was not frostless, so I had to defrost it before winter break and before summer; this took hours, and I had to do it cause none of my roommates would ever do it. Finally the thing gave out, but it was while I was away for a long weekend. My roommates called me and told me the fridge stopped working. So I told them to take everything out and trash what would go bad. I arrived back after a few days to a horrible stench. My idiot roommates did not take anything out. There was rotting deer blood in the freezer. I was so pissed. It took the landlord almost a week to get us a new fridge while the old was was sitting on the front lawn getting even more disgusting.

I could go on for pages :evil:

Did I mention I am glad I am done college :shock:

I dont even know where to start to tell you about my last landlord. One time the city sent him a notice to clean up the property so he came to the house and painted 3 boards and 2 beams on the porch both beams only on the side facing the street (there was like 6 of them he painted 2 on one side each). Another good one I woke up one morning to loud banging I came down to the kitchen to find him hitting the sink fixture with a hammer, instead of using a wrench and taking the thing apart he used a screw driver like a chisel and just hacked at it for about an hour. Also I think hes probably having some tax issues now, one day me and my buddy saw two guys walking around the property, they looked lost, so we went out and talk to them, and apparently our landlord had been claiming a two car garage on his taxes for years which may have never existed. Then after I had moved out he claimed I owed him two months rent, and me nor my roommates would see our security deposit till I paid, good thing I still had the cashed checks.