Wassup Brine

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what's going here! Let me know please, if everything went Ok. I did my part to get the motor to you, now no responsce. Not trying to be an A$$, but, I would like to know if everything's Ok. WASSUP UP!!!!!

Naw' he said he'd Pm me, I guess I just wondered WTFisUP! I do my best to get this guy the motor and ??????? I really don't "NEED" a respsonce, but I really would like to know if everything's Ok. w/the motor. You know, I tried to give this motor, to someone who really needed it, but I guess I, messed it all up. I'm not pissed, just trying to help others out. If Brine can't PM me to let me know WASSSUP! then I'll sleep well tonight! See ya, Scott

rome8899 said:
Naw' he said he'd Pm me, I guess I just wondered WTFisUP! I do my best to get this guy the motor and ???????

Scott, Whoa....... :shock:

I just saw your post. I haven't even tried to crank the motor man. I fished an all electric lake this weekend. I assure you I will let you know as soon as I've got it cranked and give a report on how it performed. I didn't realize you were waiting on me to post something already. I told you I would PM you, but let me get the motor cranked first and use it on the lake. Not sure when that will be, but I'm guessing within a month.

What you did was great man. No need to get over anxious and make me out to be anything other than grateful, which I am. You have my phone number. Maybe you could have called me? or like Jim said, sent me a PM.

Hope that clears this up.

You don't have to worry bout Brine not posting back.. He was fishing with me this weekend and unfortunately the lake we were on won't allow gas motors.

But I think Brine still needs to finish his boat before he puts it on the water....

Where abouts are you in SC? I lived in Greer/Taylors for about 3 years during college

Southern G'ville county. Where did you attend school? I grew up in the, Taylors & Greer area, ( Riverside Warriors). Now I don't even recognize where I am, when there. There are a lot of great schools in this area! I bet, if you've been gone three years, you'll be as lost as I am around here. Please understand, I'm just wondering, how things were going with Brine, and the 7.5. Didn't mean to be to PUSHY. I'm not entering a pi$#%@g contest over the motor. Glad he got it,and can use it!!!!!!!! Just wondering if everything was OK, and didn't mean to be an A$$ about it.

I started off at Clemson, then finished up at North Greenville... which is why I lived in Taylors - no way in the world would I live on that campus. I went to high school in Lancaster County.

When I asked Brine about the motor he was tickled to have it... he fishes bigger tournaments than I do, so I know he'll use the hound out of that motor.

I only have 1 lake that we fish where we can use gas motors, the rest are electric only... so I gotta find me something cheap because I'm not buying a motor that I'll only use 2 times a year.

Scott,

Just thought I'd give you an update.

Been trying to start the motor for the past hour. It won't run more than 3 seconds.

I'll wait till the service manual I ordered shows up before trying it again. I don't know much about outboard motors. Not sure about the gas/oil mixture, so I'm trying to start it with the 50:1 that I use on my Gamefisher.

Brine

Tried some more pulls this weekend to get the motor to run.

Same results.

I tried cursing at the motor a few times, which seemed to help, but when the motor does eventually start, it still dies within seconds. At that point, all the cursing was for purely selfish reasons.

I recieved my repair manual (all 600+ pages) via cd last week, so if anyone can give me some guidance as to what to check in what order and so on....I would appreicate it.

Thanks,
Brine

ben2go said:
Check the primer bulb and see if it's hard.If it's soft it's loosing prime.Maybe that air is getting in some where.

Hey Ben. Yeah I checked that. It stays hard.

:-k Have you checked to see if you're getting a bright blue spark at the plug gap?If this is good,the only other thing I can think of is dirty carbs or the fuel line connectors at the motor are wrong fit.

Thanks for the replies guys.

No, I haven't looked for the spark. I will do that next. I've never done a rebuild on any kind of carb, so I'm going into this as a newbie.

What is the process of cleaning the carb?

I assume if the cleaning doesn't work, a rebuild is in order?

Brine said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

No, I haven't looked for the spark. I will do that next. I've never done a rebuild on any kind of carb, so I'm going into this as a newbie.

What is the process of cleaning the carb?

I assume if the cleaning doesn't work, a rebuild is in order?
Always do a rebuild when you clean. Only exception is if I want to get something to fire over a few times in a tank, before I buy parts (so I know what else it might need to run). Then, I will spray some carb cleaner and compressed air through the passages, and test it.

A rebuild kit for those is usually less than 30 bucks, and contains all the gaskets, and usually the carb float. Since they aren't costly, and you have the carb apart anyway, there is no reason not to rebuild it. 2 stroke carbs are incredibly simple. If you want, since you are an active tinboats member, I would have no issue helping you out, at no charge, if you want to swing by my place one day. Or, I can do it alone for a fee, which is my main sort of income these days. (Great to be self employed as a 16 year old).

bassboy1 said:
Always do a rebuild when you clean. Only exception is if I want to get something to fire over a few times in a tank, before I buy parts (so I know what else it might need to run). Then, I will spray some carb cleaner and compressed air through the passages, and test it.

A rebuild kit for those is usually less than 30 bucks, and contains all the gaskets, and usually the carb float. Since they aren't costly, and you have the carb apart anyway, there is no reason not to rebuild it. 2 stroke carbs are incredibly simple. If you want, since you are an active tinboats member, I would have no issue helping you out, at no charge, if you want to swing by my place one day. Or, I can do it alone for a fee, which is my main sort of income these days. (Great to be self employed as a 16 year old).

Well, for $30, I'll take a stab at it if for no other reason that it annoys me that I've never taken one apart. :oops:

Thanks for your offer. I don't doubt that I will probably end up choosing one of those options before this is over.

Brine

Brine, one tip for ya. Make liberal use of your digital camera before you take the carb apart and during the disassemble process. There's nothing like having tons of pictures of it when you're scratching your head wondering how a part goes back on.

Latest posts