Fishing in Eastern Tenn?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAcKpAiN

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I am on my way to visit my wife's family and am looking for a decent place to fish for a day or two this week with my brother in law. I left the boat home so we would be shore bound. He lives near Greeneville off of I-81. In the past we have drowned worms in the Nolachucky (sp?) River with litle success. Anywhere decent to wet a line?

-Mike

We will be here today till Friday. We are sneaking in a quick trip during our Spring break.

I probably won't have any internet after the hotel here, so if you want to get in contact give me a call on my cell. 267-970-0902

-Mike

The Nolichuckey river is really an awesome river. I've fished it several times. Its an awesome smallmouth river, and during the winter they stock "brood" trout(17-18 inches is average), so you still have a chance at those too. I don't really know that many places you can fish from the bank, because we usually just do float trips...but I do know of one spot you might try. Its the Nolichuckey Dam, It looks to be(judging by google maps) roughly 5-6 miles south of Greeneville on Asheville Hwy. I'm pretty sure alot of people fish there quite abit. If any of them know anything about the area, or the river....I would say they know where its at. If I could afford to take off one day, I would come down and meet you guys. We could take my boat out on Douglas Lake, which is about 20-25 miles east of Greeneville. The stripe(white bass) are supposedly wearin' it out at the headwaters of the lake.

Hi Mike. Hope that your fishing will success. I want also to see some photos of your fishing adventure in Eastern Tenn.

Latest posts