walmart

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
I was at my local walmart Sunday not the one usually go to as i live in the middle of two.But while the wife was looking at movies i went to sp goods.And to my surprise fishing lures are now behind glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this the normal where u live a first for me.

I know i was so surprised i thank i will go back and take pic this is unreal and unbelevible to me.

caveman said:
I was at my local walmart Sunday not the one usually go to as i live in the middle of two.But while the wife was looking at movies i went to sp goods.And to my surprise fishing lures are now behind glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this the normal where u live a first for me.

I haven't been lately, but I'm curious what they will tell you is the reasoning.

Andy said:
That's crazy. Only thing behind glass at mine is scopes, knives, range finders, a few GPS units and firearms.

Our Walmarts don't even have firearms, some ammo (slim pickin's at best too) but no firearms.

Both Walmarts in my area are being overhauled. Thy both stopped carrying firearms a couple years ago. Still can pick up shot gun shells for now. Lures are still in the open.

I asked the guy behind the counter if they were discontinuing selling ammo and he said they can't get any because ammo manufactures can't keep up with the demand at other sporting good stores. I guess Walmart only gets ammo after other distributors get theirs.

ours still sells guns and ammo (slim pickens too), but lures are stocked on the shelves.

some guys i know show'd up at the same hole i was fishin the other weekend and started throwing out all these lures and what not they stole. idiots.. to me a 2 dollar lure is not worth the cash it takes to bail you out of jail. i guess some people have to be in jail first to relize that ( i did after my first lockup even though it wasnt for shoplifting )

i hate having to go to walmart and wait 20 min for a lady to unlock the razor blades! now thats ridiculious but for 20+ bucks a pack you cant expect people not to try and steal them

that stuff just pisses me off, the more people steal the more we have to pay

Popeye said:
I asked the guy behind the counter if they were discontinuing selling ammo and he said they can't get any because ammo manufactures can't keep up with the demand at other sporting good stores. I guess Walmart only gets ammo after other distributors get theirs.

It's a problem for everyone right now. It's hard to find ammo anywhere around here regardless of the store type.

The one around here still has guns to my knowledge, and the lures are still in the open. I was told a couple years ago that the Walmart in Orangeburg, SC was the only one in the country losing money because of the employees shoplifting so much. My friend had to get the store manager to open the glass to get a reel he needed because no other employees had the key.

My guess is that there's more theft going on in this lousy economy so they're having to make them a bit harder to steal.

Latest posts