Anyone headed to BASS event?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goat83

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is going to the BASS event this weekend in North East Md. I'm leaving tomorrow night and figured I could run into someone.

Are you competing or watching? What exactly do you do at a tourney if you are not fishing in it? I could swing by and check it out if I decide to go to my gf's this weekend....but it looks like the weather is supposed to be too nice to not be fishing the whole weekend.

I am thinking about taking the boat down either Thurs or Fri maybe both days.. I will be fishing and looking around at how the pros do things .
I have always wondered how the pros would do on our local waters..

Wayne

I have another tournament down there for another trail. I have to re-group a whole new game plan. They prefished today and three days of 200 plus boats. I'm sure all my spots are going to be hit hard so I am not fishing any community holes and going to fish some not so noticable spots. I will let you guys know how I do. Also I hear the pros that don't make the final cut are switching over and are going to fish the tournament I am in. Should be FUN.LOL.

Well, I headed down to the Chesapeake bay today for a tournament which got cancelled at the ramp due to lack of boats. I figured I am already down there, I mine as well fish. Started off in a creek fishing two docks away from Iaconelli. He is a patient fisherman too. After about an hour my trolling motor steering goes wacko come to find out I can't steer left anymore. :x . I tried flipping docks all day with a busted TM, needless to say it was very frustrating. I did managed aone fish, 14" (a short down there this time of year), on a jig. I called it a day around 1:00. I get home and check the stats of the BASS open come to find out my rider in my club last week took second place in the co-angler division. I give him a call to congratulate him and he sounded like he was on top of the world. Its good to see a friend do well. He was kinda tipsy also from his celebratory beverages.LOL. I think in a couple of weeeks it will be alot better with the warmer weather and not as much fishing pressure.

Latest posts