Can this be fixed?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
What were they thinking?

4-10starboard.jpg

Holy cow!!! It looks like Fiberglass correct? Find a very good fiberglass repair man. man!!!! what did they do?

I would fair it in with epoxy and re-coat the lower hull.Not the first time I have seen that.Some people just don't realize how thin some boat hulls are.

That dummy. If he would have predirilled, those holes would have been alot cleaner.

I have seen somebody role into the ramp with a newly restored glass boat. Proceeded to unstrap, insert the plug, and all the launch prep. Backed in, and the boat wouldn't budge. Backed in more, boat was still going nowhere. Backed in even more, and now the trailer was floating.

Yep, you guessed it. Pulled the same stunt, but there just so happened to be trailer bunks right under the stringer they screwed on....

bassboy1 said:
I have seen somebody role into the ramp with a newly restored glass boat. Proceeded to unstrap, insert the plug, and all the launch prep. Backed in, and the boat wouldn't budge. Backed in more, boat was still going nowhere. Backed in even more, and now the trailer was floating.

Yep, you guessed it. Pulled the same stunt, but there just so happened to be trailer bunks right under the stringer they screwed on....
it's ok to do that, but you have to make sure you have a big enough outboard to push that extra weight around the lake.

Bassboy1, you OSB you, when I was digging in the boat shed for Brine, I found an early "70s, 20 or 25 hp OMC. Long shaft. I know your're a collector. Can you use it(Purely a parts motor)? Not interested in $. Just interested in, if you can use it, and how I get it to you!!!

Took every STUPID pill in the bottle, huh ???

Fixed.... anything can be fixed, but stupid is forever !!! :wink:

rome8899 said:
Bassboy1, you OSB you, when I was digging in the boat shed for Brine, I found an early "70s, 20 or 25 hp OMC. Long shaft. I know your're a collector. Can you use it(Purely a parts motor)? Not interested in $. Just interested in, if you can use it, and how I get it to you!!!

I sent you a PM last night......

Latest posts