Portable tire inflator

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would recommend the Viair brand. https://www.viaircorp.com/productmain.html Several of my Jeep buddies had them and they would fill a 35 inch tire from 5 lbs to 27 in just a couple minutes. They also sell complete on board air systems with tanks for running air tools.
Alot of people with jeeps that the AC don't work convert the AC compressors to air compressors for the same.

I'm sure there are several knock off brands of the Viair, but I haven't seen any of those in action.

They work but the cheap ones take forever and a day to fill a tire. They don't last very long if used very often, either.

yeah cheap ones take forever, but it's what i have. cost about 20, i got it for my motorcycle on road trips. took it out of the oversized plastic case so it's nothing but the compressor and hose, fits in a small sandwich size bag. used it 4 or 5 times, and last time it was used i had loaned it to a neighbor. worked for his car and hopefully it works next time i need it. also swapped the cig outlet plug to a couple of batt clamps

I have a battery powered compressor that I use at work to do pressure tests on plastic gas lines after the are damaged and repaired.
I can reach a 150psi on a 200' one inch plastic service in about 10 mins I have used it on my truck tires and it works great..

Wayne

I have two, one is a cheapy from wallyworld, and the other is a slime brand one. I keep one in each of our quads. I use them a good bit, filling the atv tires, and they are fairly quick. I also pumped my wifes car tire up one time, and it seemed like it took about 5 minutes or so. They work good enough for a car in an emergency, and are perfect for small tires, like your wheel barrow.

Latest posts