An interesting website for fishermen...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
I saw that a member over on ETF had posted this and thought I would pass it along. I have not had a chance to dig to deep into it but overall it appears to be a good idea. Check it out and see what you think.

https://findyourwater.com/

Note - It appears its designed for IE at the present time. Let us know if you have success with other browsers.

I use firefox, and the map didnt quite work right for me, also it would be better if there was a zoom out option instead of just returning to the full size map. I just did a glance over the potomac, and noticed an island that is defiantly not there but its on the map.

Yeah, it appears to be a relativly new site. Send in your suggestions and see if they can/will add them.

I like the concept BUT they only have a couple of the 10,000 lakes here in minnesota mapped and noe of them are in the metro area.

The Mn DNR has a searchable lake finder where you can grab free maps. Plus there is lake master.

this is just what I needed.... I've found stuff on some of the lakes that I have never seen before.

If y'all aren't aware, the new version of google earth has a history button that you can hit to hopefully see the lake while it was being built. I've found all of my lakes, and some of the stuff I have found has imagery going back to 1993. You can see the creeks, debris, and all kinds of fish catching stuff - that thing has definitely helped my fishing, and now with the history it should be a little deadly.... :twisted:

Man THAT IS AWESOME!! Didnt see that posted on ETF. Now I can sit and drool on the contour lines all the time now. :)

Thats pretty cool. I usually use a site called FlashEarth. You can choose NASA images, Yahoo, and a couple of other ones. It doesnt have the history thing like Russ was talking about though.

Latest posts