my daughter turned 13, and is having a party this sat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good luck.

uugggggg!I have 2 step gurls.1 is 11 the other is 14.I am concerned about the oldest.She is boy crazy and not shy about it.I have had to get on to her about getting to friendly with boys.I'm worried she won't make it out of high school without getting pregnant.We talk to her and have explained things to her.We are open about the birds and the bees and our children know they can talk to us about anything.That doesn't mean they will tho.We try to teach all our children that they should wait until they are in a serious long term relationship before engaging in adult relations.I hope they listen.

Sorry I strayed. :oops:

May I wish you many years of good fortune. Mine is 22 and there are still times I'd like to strangle her for some of the things she does without thinking of how serious the consequences for her will be. Unfortunately, she has paid and will continue to pay some of those consequences for years to come. #-o

Patience, understanding and a sound realization that it is not happening to you directly (unless they get injured or into legal trouble as minors) and there is not alot you can do to stop a determined teen from learning by experience. [-o<

here is the other problem, she thinks she is a super model! man, I need a gun!!!!

h_j-29.jpg

Jyphotography said:
here is the other problem, she thinks she is a super model! man, I need a gun!!!!

For yourself or the boys. :mrgreen: [-X

Maybe if Dad wasn't such a good photographer and didn't pose her since she was an infant, she'd have a different image of herself.... but I doubt it. They all seem to think that way. :wink:

I don't want to sound parinoid, but you might want to rethink that picture. There's enough info in your profile to find you and then her. Just a thought.

Safe to say, you will be out of commission on Sunday. A house full of screaming teenage girls. You are going to feel like you were rode hard and put away wet. I hope you have the tylenol handy. Don't forget the earplugs.

Jyphotography said:

h_j-29.jpg

Dude, I feel for ya! Both my girls (one's 20, the other's 18, almost 19) both went down the wrong road. The 20 yr. old made me a granddad at too young an age and the other one is now living with a 28 yr. old ex con wife abuser that's still married. He failed his court imposed drug test several months ago and knew a warrant was being issued for him. Their solution? Run off to Oklahoma. She sees no problem with any of this. This girl was NOT brought up this way!! AT least the 20 yr old turned herself around and she and the guy are now married. I'm very proud to call him my son-in-law.

Mike

party was a success! Got some great photos and made some moeny off of them! well that sounds horrible!

I sent a business card with each invite, asking for a 5 dollar donation to get a free 5x7 of their child in their 80's costumes. so that went well!

The only issue I had was I was woken up at 330 am because they were up doing cheer dances! Oh, and I heard some minor sex talk! WTF?!?!!?
That is the part that scares me! WTF is a dad to do?!?!1 Like I said, I am getting a gun!

Jyphotography said:
party was a success! Got some great photos and made some moeny off of them! well that sounds horrible!

I sent a business card with each invite, asking for a 5 dollar donation to get a free 5x7 of their child in their 80's costumes. so that went well!

The only issue I had was I was woken up at 330 am because they were up doing cheer dances! Oh, and I heard some minor sex talk! WTF?!?!!?
That is the part that scares me! WTF is a dad to do?!?!1 Like I said, I am getting a gun!

Oh no......The dreaded S word. I feel for you, I really do. :shock:

You don't need a gun, just a box of bullets. .44 magnums will do. When my oldest daughter brought some of her male friends over I would ask them their name and how to spell it. I would then scratch their name on a bullet with a scribe and tell them I had a bullet with their name on it. One time she brought this real loser over and I went and go the entire box, wrote his name on it and showed them the box. Found out a couple years later that he was arrested for B&E, Vandalism, Criminal Damage to Property and a couple of other things. I think he's still in jail and this was back in 1998.

Jyphotography said:
party was a success! ........ Oh, and I heard some minor sex talk! WTF?!?!!?

At her age, you've already done all you can do. You need to trust in how you raised her and the values you instilled in her. You can't stop anything. Unless you lock them down 24/7 they will find a way to do what they want. Remember when you were young and wanted to do something your folks wouldn't like. You tried to keep them from finding out.... but you did it anyway. :wink:

The most important thing is to keep an open mind and an open line of communication. If they know that they can come to you and discuss anything openly without fear of an angry, and often unreasonable, response, you are more likely to have a better idea of what they are up to than if you instill the fear of God and have them sneaking around to do their thing. Also gives you a chance to offer some good advice on things that they are more likely to listen to if they trust you.

From the sound of things, you've done a good job and have a very "normal" 13 year old daughter.

Glad I have boys. :mrgreen:

The best thing you cna do is have the parties at your place from now on. Then YOU will know what they are up too and who they are hanging aroudn with. I know almost all my kids friends when they were younger, the parties were at my house, and now those same kids still come to my house to drink with me. Yes they are now legal age. There are days when the kids are hanging out at my house and none of us are home. They have cook outs and bon fires in our back yard and they are nice enough to invite us. They will show up at 2 in the morning needing a place to crash for the night, they come on in and crash in the back bedroom or down in the basement rec room. You have girls, put in things girls like to do. I had boys and put in a pool table, dart boards, trampoline, fire pit, horseshoe pits, etc. Give them a reason to hang out at your place. You wont regreat a minute of it.