The new tin boat has been good luck!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiverDog357

Reaction score
I have been out on the river here 3 or 4 times now this year. I have been killing the trout. The opener was today but the river is open year round. I caught 6 the first time out. One was a real nice Brown. The second time out I took my buddy, and we pulled in 12 between us. The third time I went alone and caught 13. One smallmouth, 3 Browns, 8 Rainbows, and 1 Golden. The Golden was absolutely beautiful, but only about 13 inches. It had a brilliantly colored pink stripe. If it were a bit bigger I would have taken all the measurements, and had a reproduction made. Last night another buddy and me, were out and we each caught four. He shows up to the house in his work clothes, with two dirty poles a cooler of beer, and says "you got any worms". We get down there and I pull 1 in on the first cast. He's still trying to rig up his pole, on the one the string broke with just a slight tug. I am busting his ba**s the whole time. He finally gets his other pole together, and ties on a rusted huss lure. I just couldnt take it, I gave the guy the fly off my own pole. Talk about a good buddy. He went on to catch 4 trout and a couple very nice browns got off right by the boat. He tried to count em, but I wouldnt let em. They have to be in the boat, or the net to count on my ship. Any way some good memories are already being made in the new boat. The motor has been running flawless, other than some lower unit oil dripping from the skeg. I think it's leaking from around a screw on the very bottom part of the lower unit. Not from the fill hole, but from on of the screws that bolt the lower unit to the shaft. I'm not sure if they have seals, or a gasket to go on them or not. Will have to look into it, cause there is about a 5 inch puddle in the driveway. Oh well!