Favorite Way to cook hotdogs?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Split in half, fried and thrown on a bun (or bread if times are tough), now load up the cavity with either easy cheese and diced onions, or chilli, easy cheese, jalapenos peppers and topped with shredded Mexican cheese. Ill also take 4 of these with a coke and some crinkle fries. while cooking ill also usually eat 2 plain cold hotdogs!!! MAN IM HUNGRY!!!

I never want to eat a hotdog again...that is all my dad eats :x Of course as soon as the weather is nice, I will be grilling daily. I like them grilled till they are about to pop....or popped. mustard, onions, and relish. I will even put some ketchup on it once in a while.....

Chili dogs are always good too.

When I was 3 or 4 I would eat frozen hotdogs, what the hell was my mom thinking :shock:

Chili dog from The Varsity with a Frosted Orange (Ga guys will know what I am talking about).

You ain't even come close to eating a hot until you have been to The Varsity. That has got to be one of the very FEW good things Atlanta has to offer, and just about the ONLY good thing about living an hour from it.

1/4lb, all beef dog roasted on the end of a stick until somewhat charred over an open fire, wrapped in a brat bun and smothered with copious amounts of shredded colby jack and Gibb's Mo' Hotter Bottled Hell. =P~

DEEP FRIED!! Seriously try it. Just get your deep fryer nice and hot. (355 degrees) Drop in how ever many dogs you want. Keep em in untill they start to float up a little, but watch it sometimes they will stick to the basket. Usually when stuff floats up in the deep fryer it is about done. Wait untill they are browned, but also remember the darker you get them, the stronger they will taste.

This doesnt work with cheapo Bar S dogs, get a good one, all beef with as little skin as you can. This is good!!!

Some people are "GrillMasters" i am a "FryMaster" LoL i love to deep fry, everything!

-boil
-slice into pieces
-saute in teriyaki
-teriyaki made from soy sauce, fresh grated ginger, rice wine vinegar, orange juice.
-serve with ornigiri(rice balls)

my mom(Japanese) used to make that for me when I was little

Nickk said:
-boil
-slice into pieces
-saute in teriyaki
-teriyaki made from soy sauce, fresh grated ginger, rice wine vinegar, orange juice.
-serve with ornigiri(rice balls)

my mom(Japanese) used to make that for me when I was little

That sounds awesome - I bet you cannot even tell they are hotdogs!

Of course, Jake has you beat with the frozen hot dog sushi :oops:

hay havent you guys ever put CELERY SALT always grab a steamer with the fixens and then add the celery salt before i head out fishing come on guys try it

bassboy1 said:
Chili dog from The Varsity with a Frosted Orange (Ga guys will know what I am talking about).

You ain't even come close to eating a hot until you have been to The Varsity. That has got to be one of the very FEW good things Atlanta has to offer, and just about the ONLY good thing about living an hour from it.

Yep, that's funny. I was thinking the same thing. FYI, there's also a Varsity Jr in Norcross at 85 and Jimmy Carter.

I've cooked them at work by putting them in a crock pot, with just an inch or so of water, squeeze in a few shots of yellow mustard, and a few shakes of hot sauce. They turned out good.

last time I ate at the Varsity.... I ate that same hot dog for 3 DAYS!! and the effects of it lasted about that long too.

My favorite hots dogs are Hebrew National... and I like them boiled, not big on grilled hot dogs

bassboy1 said:

BassBoy participates in discussions but does not follow directions :mrgreen:

Please re-read the topic title!

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

I like them grilled. My kids like them when we roll them in the tube crescent rolls and bake them. Hot dog inside a crescent roll. They are really good.

I love them grilled. Partially burnt, on a heated bun. Or just eat them plain...nothing like the taste of a freshly grilled hotdog. I will usually eat them plain, but occasionally I like a little chili on them just for taste.

Also like them cut up and fixed with sour kraut. :)

Latest posts