like a rock

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavy-chevy

Reaction score
hey everyone, haven't loged on in a while since my boats been broken for a while, anyways i figured id see what you all have to say about this video.

my buddy got a 94 jimmy with the 4.3 and 4x4 for basically free, we got her running and took it wheelin for the last two weekends... keep in mind what you see in this video is what we were doing to it all day for two solid days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPSu5bn613k

this bad boy truly is like a rock. absolutely nothing broken (other then the bump stops) and it was in 4x4 the whole time. u joints and cvs were even still tight. plus the first day we ran it no air filter all day. i have truly never seen a tougher truck in my life lol.

if your impatient skip to 2:17 in the video and that will put you right on some slow motion of the jimmy getting about 3-4 ft of air twice in a row.

Captain Ahab said:
You guys need special helmets - ALL THE TIME!

That is just crazy

yea my head is just now starting to feel better, i really should have wore a helmet! i guess a seat belt doesn't cut it for that kind of shock, when the bumper kissed the dirt into the next jump she jolted really hard, slammed my head into the roof or something.

Those old chevys can't be beat. We have an '89 3/4 ton Silverado with a 350 we are putting a new crate engine in right now. First one had 400,000 hard miles (if they weren't highway miles under dads lead foot, they were towing/hauling miles). And, it got used as a stump puller quite often. Dad bought it new in '89. Nothing really wrong with the truck so there was no need to replace the whole truck when the engine wore out. A new rear main and some other parts would have bought us quite a bit of time, as it didn't have horrible compression, and still ran just fine - just leaked oil like a sieve through the rear main.

bassboy1 said:
Those old chevys can't be beat. We have an '89 3/4 ton Silverado with a 350 we are putting a new crate engine in right now.

Those chevy 327/350's were the best engine chevy came out with in my opinion. You can get stock parts for a very reasonable price and get performance parts for just about anything you want to do to it. Parts are very easy to find.

I dont know why its so fun to beat on a $50 vehicle but it is. :lol:

I had an old Mercury Sable Station wagon that I paid $50 for and would gladly put it up against any 17 Year old guy in a Honda Civic and usually beat them. :) Nothing like hanging right behind some kid who has a Civic with all the go fast gear on a cloverleaf in your 15 year old Grocery getter and then passing him once you come out on the end all while you have 5 people in your car. :lol:

At one time I owned 4 S10-Blazers. :mrgreen:

Now I am down to two.
They are great trucks. The 4.3L V6 is the 350 with 2 pistons removed, litterly. The 4.3 has the same bore and stroke and uses the same pistons, rings, etc. I could go on and on about them.

Couple of my own video's. :mrgreen:

This is a HIGHLY modified Olds Bravada. Dans 60 axles front and rear running 40" tires with a healthy V8 under the hood. Unfortunately you tube has this copy right thing and blocked the audio, one of these days I'll fix that. He did win Petersons 4wheeler Tough truck challenge. Buy you wont see it advertised, cause its not a Heep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1w5u4Gab7o

This isn't my truck, however it is one of my favorite S10-Blazers.
https://whiteknight.scriptmania.com/2002B.wmv
Google White Knight.ca its gone through a fre more changes since this video. :mrgreen:

I couldn't resist.
This is from teh next year, its still a S10 Blazer body, well whats left of it. :mrgreen:
https://whiteknight.scriptmania.com/2003%20SEASON.wmv

yea the 4.3s are tough, just as tough as the 350 for obvious reasons. i have a friend with a 338k mile 350 that still runs like a top, blows the doors off one of my friends 5.4 ford. my brother ran his 350 up to 13psi of boost before she blew at 200k miles. the old school Chevy motors just cant be beat for reliability and cheap maintenance/repair. easy to work on too.

Latest posts