Loved it but,

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Give me my ol'country town back.

Took the wife and kids and seen the St. Louis Cardinals play the NY Mets at Bush stadium yesterday, over 38 thousand people :shock: thats too many for me :lol:

we stayed all night and the went to the St. Louis zoo this morning, and man so many people again :shock: , plus it was end of school year time so I think they had every school bus there with kids as they could fit :roll:

Was a good game tho, Pujols & Ankiel did great,

Pujols hit two home runs, collected three hits, drove in three runs and scored four times, and Ankiel cranked three extra-base hits and made a spectacular diving catch & a home run, sending the Cardinals to a 12-8 win over the Mets. The Cardinals completed a three-game sweep of the Mets and won their seventh successive home game.

Glad I was visiting, they still can keep it & thier driven :lol:

My wife and I were just saying how she would like to go see a Pirates game this summer. Must be that Spring is in the air. We are less than an hour from the city and still havent been to any of the new stadiums. They charge an arm and a leg these days with tickets, parking, food and drinks I could buy a lot of goodies for the boat.

we went to the royals second home game last week, just remodeled the stadium and man it is nice. atleast now there are more than just 50 seats where you can catch a homerun ball, now seats go all across the outfield. we started in the cheap seats, moved down to some decent seats in the second inning, then at the end of the fifth two people were leaving and gave us their tickets, front row right behind the visitors dugout. and one of the yankees threw a game ball to our daughter. man it was cool.

grizzly said:
we went to the royals second home game last week, just remodeled the stadium and man it is nice. atleast now there are more than just 50 seats where you can catch a homerun ball, now seats go all across the outfield. we started in the cheap seats, moved down to some decent seats in the second inning, then at the end of the fifth two people were leaving and gave us their tickets, front row right behind the visitors dugout. and one of the yankees threw a game ball to our daughter. man it was cool.

Thats awsome 8)

Talken about prices, A cheeseburger fries and coke was $8.50, so if for 4 of us that would just about be $40 bucks #-o Glad the wife snuck in our own snacks :twisted:

Did you know(this isnt a snaple fact) that Rick Ankiel is the only active major leaguer to have played as a full time major league pitcher and position player, he is only one of a handfull in baseball history to accomlpish this. Hes not a bad outfielder and hes pretty good with the bat.

shamoo said:
Did you know(this isnt a snaple fact) that Rick Ankiel is the only active major leaguer to have played as a full time major league pitcher and position player, he is only one of a handfull in baseball history to accomlpish this. Hes not a bad outfielder and hes pretty good with the bat.

did not know that 8)

shamoo said:

So... what is it then ??? A little fact from Mr. 'Moo's Almanac ??? :wink: :mrgreen:

Yes Sir, not too many things in it though. I just thought his story was pretty interesting, and actually followed it for awhile to see if he could make the big leagues as an outfielder, that my friend is determination. =D>

St.Louis isn't that bad of a city.It has it's bad points,but also a lot of good ones.The fishing in the area ranks up there in the top ten,in my opinion.
Here's a little more on Rick Ankiel-Back in 2000, Rick was a promising young pitcher working on a stellar season.Then came the playoffs,I believe it was the second game he pitched(may have been the first),he imploded,couldn't even hit the catcher's glove,much less throw a strike.NO control at all.
They sent him to the minors for rehab.After about 5yrs of trying to fix his pitching,they decided to switch positions.BEST move that could have been made.Rick could always hit,and had a strong arm.Centerfield is the perfect fit.They should have done it years ago.I believe Rick will turn out to be one of the great outfieders of the game.
Being a lifelong resident of the area,that is the way I see it.(and YES,I lived in North St.Louis for 12yrs.For those who want to know if I ever lived within the city limits).All in all, it's a fairly nice place to live.