Took the wife fishing.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanr3

Reaction score
:roll:

Been planning on going all week.
Mowed the yard, took care fo other chores, epsnt time with the wife, yada, yada, yada.
She decides she wants to go on my night fishing excursion. I know before we leave, I'll be lucky to get an hour on the water.

I got my hour, barely. 15 minute boat ride each way, 30 minute thunder/lightening storm, 15 minutes farting around with her pole, and 15 minutes to fish. Another thunder boomer comes rolling in and its time to go home. Appearently she didn't like sitting under her umbrella during the first thunderstorm.

What a shame too. I was marking all kinds of crappie. At least I did get to test out my new 2,000,000 watt spot light, and my new green fish attractor light. Plus my tweak to the trottle ont eh engine made a huge differnece for starting her up. Eventually I'll get half a day on teh water, and the mods will be done on the boat. I still need a few night pics, a few final pics, and a few cooler full of crappie pics to add to my build thread.

How many of you take your significant other fishing?

Sorry to hear that. I dont know how to get your wife interested in fishing. I think they either love it or hate it. Maybe try going in the daytime, maybe she can read a book or something. My wife never fished a day in her life until we got together, and now she often out fishes me. I started her off just by taking her along on float trips, and then one day I took a pole for her. Thats all it took, from there on out I had a fishergirl. She tried her luck at trout fishing last year and did well. She hasnt been out yet this year but is itching to go. I just had a second back surgery on Fri. so I'm down for the count for a couple weeks, but as soon as I can go, we will be there. The boat is all ready, the poles rigged up, I have a stock of shiners in a tub under the pine trees, and a full tank of gas. We just gotta hook and haul.

I take mine quite often. She just learned how to use a baitcaster and really likes it. She now understands why I dont buy the $15 dollar rod and reel combos from walmart. she enjoys going and is ready to get the boat finished. here are a couple pics from our last outing. this was thursday last week. we went out for a couple ours. the 2.6 is her personal best.i wish she would have been holding it better, pic does not do it justice.

Attachments

• tasha's 2.0 lb.jpg
    tasha's 2.0 lb.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 559
  • tasha's 2.6 lb.jpg
    tasha's 2.6 lb.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 559
I used to go with mine all the time (before we had kids). She keeps on mentioning that she wants to get out there again. She is good to go all day..............

I've taken my wife out trolling for salmon and she gets bored with it. She did enjoy fighting the 9.75 pound Coho but the actionis too sporatic for her taste. I've taken her out with me on the Fox Chain Walleye fishing and she really enjoyed that. As long as she is casting and reeling, she likes it. Fox Chain is better as there are more oportunities to find a bathroom within 15 minutes. Trolling for salmon and you are looking at upwards to an hour before getting all the gear stowed and making it to the dock for facilities.

My wife loves to fish, but hates to fish with me. She says i am way to serious about it, and i suck all the fun out of it. LoL

She just wants to go out there and have fun with her hubby, and catch some fish along the way. I really need to learn how to do that for her, but it is sooo hard to not run and gun shallow cover. :D

Also, she gets VERY impatient if we arent catching.

scan0005.jpg

Here's the wife's first ever catch

ilinimud said:
My wife loves to fish, but hates to fish with me. She says i am way to serious about it, and i suck all the fun out of it. LoL

She just wants to go out there and have fun with her hubby, and catch some fish along the way. I really need to learn how to do that for her, but it is sooo hard to not run and gun shallow cover. :D

Also, she gets VERY impatient if we arent catching.

Change species. Go fish for Crappie or Blue Gill instead of Bass.

i'm pretty lucky with mine too, she loves to go and is fine with a slow day. sometimes i'm too tired after work and she will still talk me into going. and the only thing she wont touch is unhooking a catfish. i can live with that, since she usually pays for the bait. i figure she has to buy a lot of bait to catch up to what i spent on the boat!

"She who is" likes to fish, or at least her version of it. She doesn't bait the hook, nor will she take the fish off. She plans on going this summer with me and plans on bringing a book. In the grand scheme of things it wont be long before we are empty nesters and we need a together hobby. I tried to entice her into 4 wheeling. She saw right through that ploy and realized 4 wheeling in trucks ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Plus she isn't too keen on getting muddy. So I traded down for fishing. Actually that was the plan to start with, show her something expensive and go from there. So by comparision, fishing is cheap :mrgreen: