No animals harmed?????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
noanimalsharmed.jpg

Uhhh. Okay.

you know I was thinking about the anti-fur people the other day and though I'm a knee jerk liberal who is against fur I was wondering what the environmental impact of Goretex is. I mean considering the chemistry involved to produce it and I don't imagine it degrades very quickly isn't it more socially responsible to wear natural(fur) fibers?

more proof of people's misunderstanding of how the world works. we use to be so involved in the cycle of food production that craziness like this did not exist. now we have kids that think peanuts grow on trees, potatoes grow on a bush, and a cow is a small white plastic container with cellaphane on top.

grizzly said:
more proof of people's misunderstanding of how the world works. we use to be so involved in the cycle of food production that craziness like this did not exist. now we have kids that think peanuts grow on trees, potatoes grow on a bush, and a cow is a small white plastic container with cellaphane on top.
Having tended a garden, cleaned a fish and butchered various animals I feel Im more sensitve to the treatment of animals then someone who has only seen them on the shelf at the grocery store. I only take what I plan to eat and always thank the animal for providing me with a meal.

would be nice if everyone had to do these things, atleast for awhile. everyone should have to take a tour of a modern meat processing plant and then accompany someone on a hunting trip. either they would become a vegetarian or would buy a deer rifle, either way it would be better than their uneducated blathering about animal cruelty. i even knew a kid who did not know what french fries were made of.

Bubba said:
Yeah, Haven't you guys had that synthetic meat? 100% Un-Natural! :lol:

Served in School cafeterias all across the country.....

grizzly said:
i even knew a kid who did not know what french fries were made of.

Too bad they aren't still made of ANIMAL fat. Man, that is the way to eat 'em.

Too bad they aren't still made of ANIMAL fat. Man, that is the way to eat 'em.[/quote]

he didn't even know they were potatoes, much less what they were cooked in #-o

We get alot of tourists here in the summer.A couple years ago a family stopped as I was weeding my garden to ask for directions.Long story short,I pulled a few carrots out the ground and offered them to their kids(10-12yr olds).They didn't know carrots came out the ground,I wasn't real sure they even knew what they were.
I imagine if you were from a big city and not being around the country(even grass),why would you know,unless taught in school and I don't think thats part of the studies..They had New York plates.

Reminds me of a time we were cutting right of way for the state highway dept. I picked a mess of poke stalks (I don't like the greens). One of the guys on the crew thaught I was crazy until I braught him some to work next day. He said he never knew weeds would taste so good... LOL
I think if most people would educate themselves more instead of jumping on a bandwagon, there would be alot less bickering....
Atleast when I kill a deer, I KNOW there are no steroids, preservetives and all that other stuff I can't spell in it....
:cheers:

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!

I'm thinking it would be great fun to take the writer of the original article back down the supply chain starting at the grocery store and working our way back. It would be interesting to see the light come on...

MikeA57 said:
I'm thinking it would be great fun to take the writer of the original article back down the supply chain starting at the grocery store and working our way back. It would be interesting to see the light come on...

They would be in therapy for years. :LOL2:

If God had not intended for me to kill animals, he would not have made them out of meat.

I saw something on TV last night that had me scratching my head. They were showing how meats used in delis were processed and they also showed a factory that made something called Tofurkey.....turkey flavored tofu logs for vegetarians. The CEO said that it is wildly popular at Thanksgiving with the vegetarian/vegan crowd. Isn't that being extremely hypocritical? They (well, the vegans anyway) do not agree with eating meat and want no part of it but have to concoct something unnatural that tastes just like it. Should they not be eating something that more closely resembles the taste of dirt and twigs?

Latest posts