2 tornados

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Was really hot here today atleast for us.
Just got back from my daughters dance recital,around dust but you could still see the sky.Next thing theres a big dark cloud forming so we thought better get in the house going get a rain blast.Nope,no rain blast,the wind picks up like crazy and this funnel comes towards the ground.I was like crap,this ain't Kansas.I tried to take some pictures but the flash was on and messed them up.There was another big dark cloud on the other side of the house,only lasted about 10-15secs,they joined up and moved off,man they were moving.The ocean probably helped me there to cool them suckers down.

wow, glad it turned ok, I don't know if I could ever get the nerve to watch one if its by us, and surley don't wanna be tested on it.

I'm glad it didn't do any damage there.

I, personally, hope I see a tornado at some point in my life....but from a safe vantage point (like not coming towards me or my house)

Matt

glad to hear no damage. i personally love tornados. i dont like what they do, but i have grown up with them and they facinate me. i have only seen on in action though. i would love to be a storm chaser.

Heres a couple pictures.I have a good little video to maybe I'll put it on you tube.Funnel 001.jpgFunnel 002.jpg
I've never seen anything like it,pretty sure the ocean killed it.Only ever seen little "dirt devils" before,this thing was huge(atleast to me).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqYGAWZ61nQ[/youtube]
My Dad took the pictures and video(camera),wasn't as bad as it looked only lifting trampolines,pallets...little things like that.Still crazy for up here though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqYGAWZ61nQ
guess I don't know how to do the youtube thing on here.

I'm gun-shy of tornadoes, as we get far too many warnings here, plus one tore through here in mid-November '05 and destroyed about 100 homes.

Glad that thing dissipated quickly and y'all didn't receive any damage.

Zum said:
Heres a couple pictures.I have a good little video to maybe I'll put it on you tube.View attachment 1
I've never seen anything like it,pretty sure the ocean killed it.Only ever seen little "dirt devils" before,this thing was huge(atleast to me).

Wow. I don't know how I would react if I saw that coming at me. Glad everything is o.k.

I'm know weather forecaster but I don't think they made it to the tornado stage.The winds swirled a bit,made a for an interesting site.Glad we don't get those suckers,it be real scary.That day we went from around 30 degrees C and when the picture were taking around 8 degrees C.Sorry I don't really know what that is in F but probably the high 80's to low 40's?

Latest posts