I lost my little buddy the other day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
My 11 year old greyhound Garth lost his battle to bone cancer on Wednesday evening. Over the past three weeks he had gotten to point he could barely walk even on strong pain meds, so when he quit eating Tuesday and the twinkle left his eyes we made the hard decision to have him put to sleep. I've had many dogs in my life, but none quite touched my heart like my little bud bud.

As important as how we treat them when they are young and healthy, is how we treat them when it's time to let them go. Congratulations on being so selfless.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss Poolie. One of the hardest things I ever had to do was put my dear Kita down. She was such a loving companion to my wife and I (and later, our 2 adopted girls) that I made the decision early on that I would be there with her when that time came. It was tough.

My condolences. I had to put my chessie down right at Christmas. I still catch myself wondering what he's into because he isn't immediately right by me every time I walk out into the yard.

Sorry to hear about your loss. We have a dog that is more a part of our family than just a dog. You can get attached to them in a heart beat.

Latest posts