E-15 gasoline???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
The U.S. boating industry needs your help in preventing the EPA from allowing an increase in the amount of ethanol in gasoline.

Act Now
On March 6, 2009, a new pro-ethanol lobbying organization called Growth Energy aligned with 54 ethanol manufacturers and formally requested that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) allow an increase of ethanol blend levels in gasoline to 15 percent (E15). As is required by law, the EPA on April 21 published a Notice for Comment in the Federal Register, beginning a 30-day public comment period that will close May 21, 2009.
Failure to stop momentum at this stage will almost certainly cause all engine companies and their suppliers to redesign and re-engineer product lineups at a time when all of us can least afford it.

IMPORTANT FACTS:
Marine engines have not been tested with ethanol blends above E10.
Some marine engines have experienced issues using E10, and additional problems would certainly be anticipated with higher levels of ethanol blends.
Let the data tell the story! Tell the EPA to deny the E15 waiver until adequate testing has been conducted.

If you want, you can try this they have a letter already drafted at the bottom it takes only a second to submit it...
https://capwiz.com/nmma/issues/...99386

It's not just the boating industry.

Every small engine out there will be affected by a switch to E15. :x

I just bought a rather pricey pressure washer that explicitly states that the engine is not to be used with any blend over e10.

One stroke of the pen will turn hundreds of thousands of engines useless.

They mix ethanol with regular and mid grade here.Then put a 3 inch square sticker way up on the pump, or side of the pump, where you can't see or read it.Then I put it in my truck or car without realizing(usually because I'm in a hurry), and then have all kinds of problems.My truck will not run on it.My car will barely run it,but it's like it's running on 2 cylinders.Ethanol needs to be kept separate from all other grades of gas,not mixed with it.

...Then put a 3 inch square sticker way up on the pump, or side of the pump, where you can't see or read it...

I've noticed that also. Makes me wonder at times if it's done on-purpose.

...Every small engine out there will be affected by a switch to E15...

So it would probably play havoc with riding mowers and possibly weed-eaters? My mower has a Kohler 4-stroke engine on it, and the weed-eater is a typical 2-stroke gas/oil mix. Plus the affect it will have on my vehicles. :x

Waterwings said:
So it would probably play havoc with riding mowers and possibly weed-eaters? My mower has a Kohler 4-stroke engine on it, and the weed-eater is a typical 2-stroke gas/oil mix. Plus the affect it will have on my vehicles. :x

Absolutely. Like I said, the pressure washer that I just bought last weekend stated explicitly that nothing over 10% was to be used in the engine.

Quackrstackr said:
Waterwings said:

Absolutely. Like I said, the pressure washer that I just bought last weekend stated explicitly that nothing over 10% was to be used in the engine.

Already affects mine.I'm using either Amoco 93 clear premium or Shell nitrogen enriched 92 premium.Sucks paying so much just to cut my grass without destroying my lawn equipment.

ben2go said:
Quackrstackr said:
Waterwings said:

Already affects mine.I'm using either Amoco 93 clear premium or Shell nitrogen enriched 92 premium.Sucks paying so much just to cut my grass without destroying my lawn equipment.

Crap, I'm gonna get my manuals out and read the fine print now. :shock:

Latest posts