It's Happening...They're here.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ober51

Reaction score
I was a freshman at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pa. in 2001 and I saw these little critters. After some investigating, I found these to be commonly called, "stink bugs." It's been almost four years since I last heard this nuisance flutter and crash into my blinds, but they're here. It's happening. They are ugly, disgusting, and when you kill them, they stink. They like warm weather, and will crawl into places you inhabit. Here is what they look like. I moved back (farther) east, right outside NYC, but they have migrated. I can't believe it, I HATE these things. I am praying it's just one - but we all know that's not the truth. Some of you may be like, "Whatever," but you don't understand, these things will torment me and anyone else they encounter. Beware, they're here. It's happening.

Lo and behold, I found my evidence: https://searchwarp.com/swa469818-The-Invasion-Of-The-Stink-Bug.htm

Attachments

• Our culprit.JPG
    Our culprit.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 215
  • brown_stink_bug_adult.jpg
    brown_stink_bug_adult.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 215
Yup.. that's a stink bug.

They are pretty common in my neck of the woods.

Fishingcop, stick a hook in one of those and I bet it's the last one that you try. :lol:

Quackrstackr said:
Yup.. that's a stink bug.

They are pretty common in my neck of the woods.

Fishingcop, stick a hook in one of those and I bet it's the last one that you try. :lol:

Nuff said, I trust ya!! :wink:

I'll catch those and Junebugs and put them on the hook with plastic worms... best fish I've caught with a stinkbug was a 5.2lb LM

A lot of the ones that we get around here in the summer are bright green.. like a green apple. That's about what they smell like when you smash them too.. like you just smashed about 10k green apples.

I used to fish with Japanese beetles when I was a kid, the bluegills loved them.

They are brown-marmorated stink bug and were accidently imported from East Asin into the Allentown, PA airport in 2001. Since that time the bugs has been identified in parts of New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware.

The best guess anyone has is that they accidentally brought in a shipment that landed at ABE (Allentown Bethlehem Intentional Airport) by UPS (Go Brown!)

Anyway, they suck - smell really bad, nothing eats them and they pose a threat to native species.

Captain Ahab said:
They are brown-marmorated stink bug and were accidently imported from East Asin into the Allentown, PA airport in 2001. Since that time the bugs has been identified in parts of New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware.

The best guess anyone has is that they accidentally brought in a shipment that landed at ABE (Allentown Bethlehem Intentional Airport) by UPS (Go Brown!)

Anyway, they suck - smell really bad, nothing eats them and they pose a threat to native species.

Yep, I saw that - and 2001 was my freshman year of college. I am destined to live with these aliens forever.

ober51 said:
Captain Ahab said:

Yep, I saw that - and 2001 was my freshman year of college. I am destined to live with these aliens forever.

It's a world wide species. You will never escape them !!!

Every time I kick one out, there is always another to replace it. I'm sort of used to them being everywhere now, they really don't bother me any more.

Here in Bucks County, Pa. they never died off in the winter. I was finding them inside & outside. They don't bother you, as such, but they are annoying. Like was said before, the dogs & cats won't touch them so there went my first line of defense. Somehow they manage to get between the windows & screens and you hear them knocking around in there. ANNOYING!

Latest posts