Favorite place you've fished?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Just curious as to hear what everyones favorite place they've ever fished at is? Wether it be your local lake, or a trip you've been on...Let's hear em'.

Mine would either be Lake Nipissing in ON, Canada which I went last year. Or Reelfoot Lake in West Tn which I also went last year. Both were totally different from what i'm used to. On reelfoot, the fishing was a little better as it was slow up in Canada the week I was there, but the trip in general I think was more enjoyable to Canada due to meeting alot of great new friends and being a totally different experience in a different country.

my gpa used to own a condo in sarasota fl on the water. when we were yungings me and my bro would fish the docks every day and nite we were there. caught my first snook, redfish, whiting and many many other fish there. great times. as for fresh water, any mountain stream or lake in the middle of no-mans land were your completely by yourself is as good as it gets for me

My favorite place to fish because of the peace and quiet and under-development would be Lake Umbagag in Errol, New Hampshire. One of the best smallmouth kept secrets in the northeast. :-$

Favorite place? Hmmmmmm, I've been fortunate to have fished so many places that it's hard to determine which one I like best. Since I grew up in KY and there are boo-koos of lakes there and I didn't find any I didn't like: Barkley, KY Lake, Rough River, Green River, Nolin, Barren River, Cumberland, Dale Hollow, each of them beautiful and full of fish back then. (Don't know about now.)

Probably the most memorable place was Lake Mannakawash, in Ontario, CAN. It's a fly-in lake about 65 miles NE of Red Lake, Ont and I got to spend a week there.

Then there's Reelfoot in TN. I like that lake a lot but it seemed like every time I went the story was always, "You shoulda been here last week!"

My LEAST favorite place to fish is Lake Ozark, MO. My sister had a place within a mile of the dam right on the water but it was so crowded there that it got downright scary on the weekends with all the idiots out. It's also so overbuilt there that any beauty that was there once is most certainly gone now. I understand though that as you get farther down the lake it's not as congested/built up.

Always had good luck in the Kankakee River in Illinois, have done real good at Norris Lake, Tenn. when I fished down there several times a year - about 30-35 years ago. Now that I started fishing again (since my retirement last year), I'm trying different local places as well as out-of-state lakes like Bull Shoals Arkansas - (leaving this Friday for my 3rd consecutive year for a week down there), and a couple of lakes in Wisconsin. And, looking forward to Dale Hollow this fall with the TinBoats members :)

Botoom line, no favorites right now, but give me another year or two and I'll probably have a favorite by then.....

Oh yeah, Nickk, I've been to the Fox River about 4 times already, not doing good there yet - still learning..

Jim, I'll be in Arkansas when the Memorial Day contest starts - we don't have phone service or internet down there. Unless I can make a contact with you on Thursday night or Friday morning (our last day there) I won't be able to make an entry - but, if we catch anything, I'll be sure to post some pics......

FishingCop said:
Oh yeah, Nickk, I've been to the Fox River about 4 times already, not doing good there yet - still learning..

we should try to get out together one the water drops to safe, wadable levels.

Nick

My favorites are anywhere in Southwest WI for Trout and of course my Grandmothers farm pond in Glenmoore PA.

My favorite place so far would have to be Ocean Isle Beach North Carolina. Now, there are some places in the Gulf, and even some on the Atlantic I would prefer to fish, but that is the best I have gotten so far. I am really an inshore guy at heart, I just happen to be land locked.

My least favorite place to fish is Allatoona. Now, it is fairly close to me, and I fish tourneys on it, but I really don't understand why I fish it so much. It is the 2nd or 3rd most used (out of 450) Corps of Engineers lakes in the country, and it is nowhere near the biggest. Thus, it is very crowded with pleasure boaters (think jet skis and wakeboarders). The fishing is about as bad as anywhere in the state, for a couple reasons. Our fish average a heck of a lot smaller than every other lake in the area - both shorter and skinnier. Plus, it gets picky. There are days that nobody has a good day. The real experienced guys will get a few little guys, and the rest of us zero.

Why I, and the rest of us continue to fish that stupid lake, I don't know why. But, for whatever reason, I continue to fish over there.

My most memorable trips and favorite was when I owned my 29' boat. My dad and I would leave Venice,LA on Friday and you were lucky if we showed back up for work Monday. We would troll for tuna, marlin, wahoo and etc all day anywhere from 10 - 50 miles offshore. Tie up to the closest oil rig at night and fish until we couldn't stay awake any longer. We've gone for 3 days without seeing another human except for the oil rig workers.

SW Wiscoland (Montfort, Fennimore, Castle Rock) for camping and stream trout would be my favorite. That plus there's moos there too.

I can't say I have a true favorite,I love them all.If I had to choose though,there are two favs,KYLake and Lake of the Ozarks.LOZ is good if you stay off the main lake,Grand Glaize in the State Park is the best area for lack of congestion.

Nickk said:
FishingCop said:

we should try to get out together one the water drops to safe, wadable levels.

Nick

I'll be back from Arkansas next Sunday, after that, I'm good to go for the rest of the spring & summer... Let's plan a trip...

My favorite place is the Upper Chesapeake Bay. I get to use my big boat and the fish down there are alot bigger nd fight alot harder. It also ha sbeautiful scenery. Especially aroound Furnace Bay in the summer. Anyone who has been down there knows what I mean. :lol:

Grants Branch is my favorite place right now. It is a trolling motor only pond located close to my house. Never crowded and it is a good size pond. I like Cumberland lake, my dad has a house there. My favorite place of all is Norris Lake, not so much to fish, but I spent a lot of time there in the 80's and one day hope to be able to spend some more time there.

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California (Mexico).

We only caught one fish, but everything is so beautiful!

Hawaii was equally as beautiful, we fished off some jetties and beaches but it was awesome! Let me see if I can find some pictures.

Edit: the pictures attached are of Cabo San Lucas.

Attachments

• cabo.jpg
    cabo.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 456
  • cabo2.jpg
    cabo2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 456
  • cabo3.jpg
    cabo3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 456
Tough question Bubba... I think I'm with S&M though... I've been fortunate to fish numerous bodies of water in the South East and I like them all for various reasons. Some are beautiful bodies of water, others are loaded with big fish and then there are a few that have both qualities. If I had to pick just one though, it would probably be Dale Hollow. I thoroughly enjoy our annual trip ever New Years... whether we catch fish or no nish, it's a great place to be.

My favoriate places to fish were Big Swartzwood and Little Swartzwood lake in North Jersey, two Glacier lakes, beautiful place loaded with LMB, SMB, Rockbass, Crappie, Walleyes, Trout and big Sunfish, also has alot of wildlife, Turkeys, Black Bears, & Racoons, I got to get back there one of these days.

Loggerhead Mike said:
my gpa used to own a condo in sarasota fl on the water. when we were yungings me and my bro would fish the docks every day and nite we were there. caught my first snook, redfish, whiting and many many other fish there. great times. as for fresh water, any mountain stream or lake in the middle of no-mans land were your completely by yourself is as good as it gets for me

I think that's my same one... my Dad had a friend who owned a place in Sarasota on some inlet... I caught the weirdest fish out there... I caught my first and only flounder out there, as well as a short-nosed batfish (I bout crapped my pants when I pulled him up)... zebra looking fish (colors), and I can't remember all the other things. There were a ton of Manatee too... and all caught on a Zebco 33. I must have been 6 or 7 - and I've been fishing ever since then.

But... now that I'm older and can get to different lakes, I honestly have 3 favorites. 1 in South Carolina that is a public watershed - love stained water. The other 2 I just fished for the first time here in Georgia - Yahoola and Carter's ReReg. You really need to know how to fish Carter's to put a limit in your boat - and by knowing how to fish, I mean trying every technique you can think of and then changing it to something out of the ordinary

my favorite place to fish is the st.johns river probably cuz its 5 minutes from my house or i like lake george and the the stjohns river goes into lake george lol :roll: