Been kinda busy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've been on the forums :oops: , so here's what's been going on around here, besides finally getting my yard mowed and weed-eating done (this past Saturday & Sunday) between rain storms, grandson's t-ball game, and life in general, lol:

While out feeding the dogs Monday night I heard faint meowing coming from the pet house we have on the back porch for the small cats. I looked inside and there were 5 newborn kittens. When I got home from work on Tuesday I took another look and there were only 4 kittens., plus no sign of the mother. Yesterday after work still no mother, so I felt the kittens and they were ice-cold. My wife and I brought them inside and tried to feed them milk with an eye-dropper, and a couple of them did take some. One passed and I buried it last night. This morning my wife dropped the other 3 off at the vets office and they were bottle feeding them, but two others passed. My wife picked the last one up from the vet today on her way home from work. When I got home from work today I went to the back porch and saw the mother cat had returned, so I looked in the small pet house to see if she had brought the other kitten back. Unfortunately she had, but it to had passed. You could see where she had it by the back of the neck where she had carried it back, and placed it back in the pet house. We now have the one left and my wife and I are bottle-feeding it. The mother cat won't have anything to do with it. My wife will take the remaining kitten, which is only 4 days old as far as we can figure, to work with her tomorrow and bottle feed it. So, that's what we've been doing this week. ](*,)

All I've got to say is better you than me :) If there's a stray within 10 miles of our house my wife will bring it home.

You'll have to post a picture of the cute little fur-balls.

Was that mothers first litter?

Sounds like it, we have way too many cats now, my daughter wanted one and I didn't mind, figure it would keep the moles or mice in check. That was last summer and she was a female SOoo, three litters later and we're down to 7 cats :roll: Friends stop coming out cause they're afraid I'm gonna try and give them another cat :lol:

The female is gonna get fixed :twisted:

All this and I'm extremely allergic to cats, Oh, the things you go thru for the love of a daughter.

When it rains it pours, as this weekend we had to go out of town due to my wife's mother being in the hospital. She's home from the hospital, so we stayed at my brother-in-laws and had a chance to relax a bit. I've been itching to fish his private pond and finally got to wet a hook in it. Although I used his gear (didn't take mine as I didn't think we'd have time to fish), bit I eneded-up catching 4 decent bass, although his 10 yr old son bagged 6. I did get a pic of his pond and the neat deck that is built right up to the water. The pic (taken on my phone) was shot from the side near the end of the pond. He says the max depth is probably about 9' in the center. All bass were caught on a 4" Culprit black worm. His son may never use live night crawlers now after using plastic worms for the first time. :)

normal_private_pond.jpg

Here's one his son caught late yesterday afternoon:
normal_R__Wilson_s_catch.jpg

Latest posts