cold front an issue?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
I've known about the approach of a cold front, there will be a rapid change in barometric pressure. So this weekend I was gonna go but, have held back due to the storms rolling thru, at this time of year how bad will a cold front affect the fish?

One's moving thru this evening here with a over night low of 45dg. Would you think it would affect them much tomorrow?

I'm wondering if I should be out there right before the front comes thru?

My experience is that they are usually very active right before, and during the entry of the cold front, and dropping barometric pressure. During the middle of the front, however, they are real slow, and inactive. So, on the times I have something like that, spinnerbaits and such get pulled out before the front and then shakeyheads and such get pulled out during, when they are awful slow.

I agree, it has been me experience that fishing before any kind of front is better. And also when a storm front is nearly over head. Its the days after the front that have been tough for me.

Latest posts