new member saying hi!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcv

Reaction score
Hello all!

I thought this would be the best forum to introduce myself in. I found this site last year and have enjoyed browsing through the threads here. I've especially enjoyed seeing the rebuilds and conversions folks have done with their small aluminum boats.

Last fall I bought a new boat which I love but it's too big to put into some of the small lakes and ponds we enjoy fishing. I've been on the hunt for a small aluminum boat to fill this need and I think I've found one. It's a 12' Starcraft and I'm getting it cheap! For this summer, we'll just leave it the way it is and push it around with the electric motor it came with but this winter I really want to put it in the garage and make it into a true fishing machine. I'll post some pics when I get it home.

I thought you guys might enjoy a few fishing pics so I'll post some ;)

this is my old boat. I'll really miss it but I couldn't afford 2. It was pretty good in the small places:

2728631099_6faf8a1796.jpg

My son Brent - also my #1 fishing buddy - with his PB Smallmouth:

2728631079_e6dba6dc56.jpg

A nice bucketmouth caught at a lake 10 minutes from my house:

2769065576_a056673cd9.jpg

Brent with his Grandfather and his PB Largemouth - 19.5":

2729461946_2fe6d7c6bc.jpg

my new boat:

2936305628_3cc08c4422.jpg

1st fish on the new boat:

2936306468_06fa6e6959.jpg

I hope you guys don't mind all the pics. I love to share fishing pics and enjoy looking at others' pics as well.

Hopefully soon I'll have some new pics of my small boat and eventually some pics of my conversion!

Again, great forum. I hope to have something to contribute in the future.

Jay

Welcome to the site and great pictures.
Really like how you put the boarder around the first few,makes it look nice.
It's going to take a bit to get used to a 12 footer after those boats,be safe and good fishing.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

It's true that the 12 footer is a lot smaller than my main boat but I've spent a lot of time in 12 footers throughout my life and they always feel like home :wink: . The great thing is that there are some nice ponds up near my summer camp that you need to be able to carry your boat in and I've never been able to fish them. Even the shore fishing is limited to a small area. A couple are known to hold huge trout and another is supposed to be killer bass and northen pike fishing. I can't wait!

I got the boat home last night. It's a Starcraft and it came with a Minn Kota 36lb thrust motor, a new battery and a mushroom anchor. Total cost: 250 bucks! That's a great deal, right? I'll get some pics soon.

Thanks
Jay

Latest posts