Some bowfishing pictures from the weekend

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
From Friday, and this morning. I am going out again as soon as I am done with this post.

velo9g.jpg

2rmwm0z.jpg

fvkbjp.jpg

euhe6c.jpg

a2530y.jpg

They made a mess out of that water. And my truck bed.

Looks like FUN! :D

I've only been bowfishing once about 5 years ago. It was a blast. It's really getting popular around here. A lot of guides are poping up specializing in bowfishing. We do not have many carp around here. They mainly go after Redfish, flounder, huge gar, and catfish.

Its a blast, but I got really mad when I went tonight.

Some guy was going around shooting them and then gutting them and throwing them up on the bank. I called our Department of Natural Resources hotline for stuff like this and that was a lost cause because someone else answers the calls for them. People Like that are the ones who ruin it for all of us that properly dispose of them, not to mention they become god awful smelling.

you keep that kind of fishing up and you're going to have to get a bigger truck.... with a bigger bed so you can take pictures! great shooting

Looks like fun. Noticed you had on waders in one of the pics. Did you shoot them while wading or out of a boat? If a boat I would love to see some pictures of your set up. I am in the planning stages on building a 14' x 48" flat bottom, for both bass fishing and bowfishing. I wouldlove to make my decks easy to pull off, carpet is out of the question since bowfishing would mess them up. My son likes to bowfish, he usually takes a kayak out to where he wants to bowfish and then gets out and wades. Got to get to work on the boat have a Church camping and fishing trip next weekend need it ready by then.

Keep hitting what you are shooting at....

I have a boat, but these were taken on shore wading.

I am wiring up the lights for my boat next weekend. I'll get some pictures up when I do.

MikeA57 said:
Are those carp or drum? What do you do with them? That looks like a real sport there...
All of those are common carp. If they are from clean water, the smaller ones can be smoked or canned. I give mine to a girl I work with who uses them in her garden. They are good fertilizer, and dont contain the chemicals that damage the environment.

I'm not sure how to respond to your last statement. I'm assuming it was sarcasm, but I will keep to myself until you clarify it.