Happy Memorial Day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
I know Memorial Day is about honoring our fallen hero's that gave their life for this wonderful country, but I think it's also an excellent opportunity to tell our hero's that are still with us how much we appreciate what they do. I know we have many military guys on this board. To you, I send a big THANK YOU!! Freedom is not free, and if weren't for your bravery this world would be a different, darker place.

Have a great weekend guys!

-- Poolie

Memorial Day..... more than a barbque.

Attachments

• MD8.gif
    MD8.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 263
  • MD5.jpg
    MD5.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 304
  • MD3.jpg
    MD3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 304
  • MD2.jpg
    MD2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 263
  • MD1.gif
    MD1.gif
    54.8 KB · Views: 263
I whole heartedly agree, Thank you to those who serve or have served in our armed forces. Our veterens and soldiers are all too often forgotten. I stopped a couple of troops passing through Philly the other day and thanked them and shook their hands and they seemed as they would pass out that someone would do that. It is a shame. Me and a friend were remembering the times when young men who were home on leave would wear their uniforms around the neighborhood with pride and be looked on in admiration. Our nation has gone so far in the other direction it seems.

/salute

My hat is off to all who serve this great nation. They are what has made and continues to keep this nation great.

We do a fair amount of traveling and I always see a soldier or two in the airport either coming or going. I make a point to thank them when I see them. You're right, they are usually a little caught off guard by that. It shouldn't be like that.

bAcKpAiN said:
I stopped a couple of troops passing through Philly the other day and thanked them and shook their hands and they seemed as they would pass out that someone would do that. It is a shame. Me and a friend were remembering the times when young men who were home on leave would wear their uniforms around the neighborhood with pride and be looked on in admiration. Our nation has gone so far in the other direction it seems.

Latest posts