Trolling motor VS. License Plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
I really need to fix the way I mounted my trolling motor. #-o
trolling.JPG

I was totally hung up on the license plate and trailer trailing to unload in some swift current.....

license.JPG

=D>

Shorten the guide on posts and turn the light hanger outward sooner. putting the lights slightly below the top of the boat.

Loading and unloading in swift current is the pits even without a license plate in the way. Could you mount it right above the tinboats sticker on the trailer itself without it being in the way?

If the plate is relocated it will need to be iluminated for night operation. Personally I would mount the plate where it is in about the same relative angle as it is in the picture. I've seen many trailers and motorcycles with the plate mounted at an angle.

Mouting the plate sideways is a legal issue in some states too.. My nephew and his buddies went to TN to ride the "DRAGON" some of his friends got a ticket for plate mounted sideways on a motorcycle.

pbw said:
I really need to fix the way I mounted my trolling motor.

Personally I think that is the right answer.

can you not just straigten up your trolling motor to be parallel with the side of the boat... I'd be afraid some numbnuts would come and side swipe me while trailering down the road.

i have my trolling motor mounted almost all the way over to the side and it doesn't steer it funny or anything

Andy said:
Mouting the plate sideways is a legal issue in some states too.. My nephew and his buddies went to TN to ride the "DRAGON" some of his friends got a ticket for plate mounted sideways on a motorcycle.

I ran into that problem also,but I got lucky with a warning.

Well if you are familiar with my previous trolling motor threads I can not fish and run a foot controlled trolling motor. i have the worst boat control ever with it, Sunday i spent more time trying to control the boat than fish. I end up taking the foot controlled tm off... I need a hand controlled tiller style for the front.

If you like the location of the trailer lights and license plate then maybe bolt with nylock nut on left side tighten "Almost tight" and bolt with wing nut on right side to facilitate dropping the right side when launching and recovering the boat.

Latest posts