Why does it do this Ben?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranchero50

Reaction score
Copy the text of this thread and paste it in your reply, then try to edit part of the text. For me the slider bar on the right side of the post reply window wigs out when I go to the bottom and I can't tell what I'm doing. Weird.

I copy and paste my boat build on a couple different forums and this is the only one that has problems.

Jamie

By Gawd the Rat Rod may get wet before the end of May if things keep going well.

Just a couple pics of what else I worked on this evening, from 5-8pm with only one interuption to weld a mounting bracket to an aluminum overflow can.

The Seadoo electrical system is mocked into place. Some wires will need extended, some shortened and then it all needs tied into the console controls. I have the 8ga mains run front and rear, they need terminated yet. I dropped the fuel and oil tanks in place to try and figure out what I want to do with them. Goals being an uncluttered deck with no trip hazards. I was going to mount them both on the starboard side and have a common panel with both fill caps mounted, but I really didn't like them taking up room on the deck where the rods will be stored so I decided to do an exposed flush mount for the fuel tank cap and put the oil tank under the rear deck cover above the pump inlet.

Pictures just show the general mess of the boat right now. I've been playing with the rear seat position a little to see how the doghouse and fuel fill will effect the safety and comfort of the guy out back and I don't think it'll be an issue. I'm going to try and keep the seat mount in the middle of the rear deck so it'll end up right around the back of the head when finished which means I need to make a removable scaffold for under the floor to hold [Ithe weight.

Wires wires everywhere, and nothings long enough... I'm seriously thinking about rewiring the seadoo stuff so I don't have any splices around the floor. I'm not real happy with the wiring right now and I know it's gonna suck up a lot of time to make it 'right'.

Tape measure shows 7' exactly from the front of the console to the front decks forward wall, I can sleep on this thing if needed.

I'm not sure but I am going to pass this along to Jim and see if it's something on our site.I haven't noticed any issues,but that doesn't mean there isn't any. :-k

Hi,
I did what you said and I can not seem to reproduce the issue. Are you just doing a normal reply with a cut and paste or are you doing a "quote" reply and a modification?

Are you using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google chrome, or an AOL Browser?

Jim

Post Posted: 26 May 2009 11:16 pm

Copy the text of this thread and paste it in your reply, then try to edit part of the text. For me the slider bar on the right side of the post reply window wigs out when I go to the bottom and I can't tell what I'm doing. Weird.

I copy and paste my boat build on a couple different forums and this is the only one that has problems.

Jamie

By Gawd the Rat Rod may get wet before the end of May if things keep going well.

Just a couple pics of what else I worked on this evening, from 5-8pm with only one interuption to weld a mounting bracket to an aluminum overflow can.

The Seadoo electrical system is mocked into place. Some wires will need extended, some shortened and then it all needs tied into the console controls. I have the 8ga mains run front and rear, they need terminated yet. I dropped the fuel and oil tanks in place to try and figure out what I want to do with them. Goals being an uncluttered deck with no trip hazards. I was going to mount them both on the starboard side and have a common panel with both fill caps mounted, but I really didn't like them taking up room on the deck where the rods will be stored so I decided to do an exposed flush mount for the fuel tank cap and put the oil tank under the rear deck cover above the pump inlet.

Pictures just show the general mess of the boat right now. I've been playing with the rear seat position a little to see how the doghouse and fuel fill will effect the safety and comfort of the guy out back and I don't think it'll be an issue. I'm going to try and keep the seat mount in the middle of the rear deck so it'll end up right around the back of the head when finished which means I need to make a removable scaffold for under the floor to hold [Ithe weight.

Wires wires everywhere, and nothings long enough... I'm seriously thinking about rewiring the seadoo stuff so I don't have any splices around the floor. I'm not real happy with the wiring right now and I know it's gonna suck up a lot of time to make it 'right'.

Tape measure shows 7' exactly from the front of the console to the front decks forward wall, I can sleep on this thing if needed.

Jim, IE8, with a normal reply. My puter's pretty decent, 3.4g 775socket P4 with 4g of ram. IE has 8 tabs running with different sites though non of them are processor intensive. I just closed them out and it still does it though so I think it may be in the UBB code for the site, darn bugs.

I do the original post on another site, then copy it and paste it here. I run my cursor to the bottom of the screen with the arrow keys and once it hit's the bottom and I go to type something the window view pops up a couple lines so I can't see the text. In fact as I'm typing this the window view is staying at the top, but the slider keeps getting long for a split second almost like it's slow processing the text below what I'm typing now.

What's real interesing is that once I arrow to the bottom of the text if I keep hitting the down arrow, the view window starts going up until it gets to the top of the text.

I'm not upset about it. just figured you guys would want to know and I know it's hard to replicate a fault like this.

Jamie

Hi,
I did what you said and I can not seem to reproduce the issue. Are you just doing a normal reply with a cut and paste or are you doing a "quote" reply and a modification?

Are you using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google chrome, or an AOL Browser?

Jim

Post Posted: 26 May 2009 11:16 pm

Jamie

I only have IE8 onboard now.

Funny, I can hit the enter key a hundred times, then enter text and everything is fine. I wonder if it isn't processor related. It only acts up with a lot of text in the text window block.

Jamie

Latest posts