Fishing ESP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Wright

Reaction score
I have ESP... I can see into the future and predict things that are going to happen.
Why just the other day as my attention was focused on the fly fisherman in the front of the boat...

It all came to me in a flash......

Only moments before, in the back of the boat, I had hooked a fresh live bait on the line and cast it out before handing the spinning rod to the angler. (The wives of some fly fishermen do not fly fish.)

For some reason I turned around and saw that she had laid the rod on the deck beside the seat.

I said to myself: "Self", I said... "a big fish is going to grab that live bait and pull that spinning rod and reel right over the side of the boat."

Lo and be hold, as I stepped toward the stern of the boat to secure the rod, it seemed to grow legs and scramble accross the deck, leaped out over the water, and with a splash, dived into the depths of the lake. Just the way I had seen it in my thoughts only moments before it happened.

You know, I even amaze myself some times.

P.S. If anyone catches a large peacock bass in the area of the South Fork called Paper Bark.... and there is a fishing line attached.... and there is a spinning rod and reel attached to the other end of the line.....
It's mine. :D
Aloha,
Stan

I hope you threw the fool who put the rod down in after it !!! #-o

Apparently, the wives of fly fishermen don't fish PERIOD !!!

I was fishing with friends in another's un-modded boat (read: no rod holders) with live bait under a bobber and the fishing was slow.
stooges.gif
I leaned the rod against the transom with the handle stuck under the rear bench seat, stood on the seat and began to cast a plastic worm towards a likely tree.
reeling-smiley.gif
I thought I had freewheeled the reel on the unheld rod, but either I was mistaken, or the reel engaged against something when the fish bit, because the rod disappeared.

eek2.gif
This private lake's water was pretty clear, but there was about 4' of hydrilla growing up from the 5' depth, and neither rod nor bobber could be found. At least one 13-1/2 # bass has been taken from this lake, so I was really disappointed, and hunting hard.
mat.gif
About 6 weeks later, another friend and I fished the same 15 acre lake and I was telling him about the lost rod when we spotted a bobber about 18" below the surface of the water. The hook had broken off of the lightweight Red Cajun line, but the other end still went somewhere.
bow2.gif
We pulled it up one foot at a time, pulling matted hydrilla off of each foot of line until we got the rod back. I would have gladly traded the rod for a 10+ pounder, but if I couldn't have the fish, at least I still had the rod.
rolleyes.gif
I never saw the fish, and it may have had whiskers, but whatever it was was big to have pulled the rod out the way it did.
monkey.gif

I even have a lanyard connected to the rod/reel when I am fishing for my big catfish while it is in the rod holder. I have seen these fish bend these rods into a "u" shape when they hit. Sometimes they relieve tension on the line suddenly and the rod will jump up a little bit out of the rod holder. It hurts me somesthing awful when I loose a two or three dollar lure. It would really hurt to loose the whole rig.

When I was around 10 my Uncle and my Dad had taken me fishing in one of the reservoirs of KY, I think it was Rough River but I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, we had made our way pretty far back up in a tree shrouded creek and it began to cloud over. It kept getting darker and darker and finally my Dad said, "We need to get out of here." We cranked up the motor and made our way out of the creek and by this time the clouds were really bearing down on us, the wind started to blow and thunder was heard in the distance. As we exited the creek there was a sandy point to the starboard and right on the tip of it was an old dead tree that was a good 50 ft tall with just the main limbs left on it. As we passed it I said to myself, "I wonder what it would be like if lighting hit that tree?" No sooner than the thought hit me lightning struck that tree. It blew pieces of that tree all around and in the boat. I was facing the back of the boat and my dad was driving (tiller steer) and he said my eyes got as big as dinner plates. He made a hard left and gunned the engine towards the shore where there were houses up along the bank. We hit that bank, jumped out of the boat and ran for cover under one of those houses like we'd come ashore on Normandy in a hail of gunfire. (My Uncle's father had taken refuge under a tree during a lightning storm and the tree had gotten struck and his Dad ended up in a mental institution for the rest of his life.) The wind and rain lasted for about 15 minutes and then the sun came out like nothing had ever happened. That was one of the the strangest and scariest things that ever happened to me and for a long time I cringed every time I thought something bad because I was afraid it would happen again. I really started wondering about whether ESP was real that day!

Mike

Latest posts