Free Fishing Day in TN

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
For those of you who live in TN... Found this on the TWRA site and thought I would post. This is a great chance to take a young one fishing! Get out and enjoy all the beautiful surroundings God has blessed us with here in TN!

Free Fishing Day in Tennessee is Saturday, June 6 when anyone in the state may fish without a license! The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency provides the free day in hopes of increasing interest in fishing. The day allows anyone the opportunity to try this great outdoor sport, especially children. In addition, children ages 13-15 may fish without a license from Saturday through the following Friday (June 12).

I actually got a letter from Star Point Resort (I think that's the name of it...) that was talking about this - anyways, it's the place where we are going to have our TinBoat's meet later in the year.

Anyone 16 and younger doesn't need a license here(except for atlantic salmon)
Theres 2 Sportfishing weekends here,where residents and non-residents may fish without a general license.June 6-7/09 and Feb.20-21/10.If your fishing for atlantic salmon,you still need a license.
Regulations and bag limits are still in effect.

Latest posts