GEEZ, it's hot in here!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeA57

Reaction score
It's 87 degrees in my office!!! We're at the top of a 34 story building and when we came yesterday AM the AC had been off all weekend. They finally got it cranked on around noon and it started to cool down and this morning it was only 80 when I came in. We heard the units shut down around 11:00 and it was 82 in here then. They tell us the chiller isn't chilling. (NO &%?!)

It's the same temp outside as it is inside except we don't have the breeze that there is outside and no way to get any...

It's miserable.

I feel your pain man... I'm only on the 6th floor, but if I have to come in on a weekend, they kill the AC and it is like the 3rd level of hell in here.

They also shut the AC off at 7pm, and if he have to stay late, as long as there is only guys around - we're in Tshirts and our slacks are rolled up past our knees... it's awful

It's a balmy 71 degrees in my office right now.

(Sorry :lol: )

They cut the units off here at 5:30pm but have them set to kick back on about 6:30am to cool the building back down. It's a lot of square footage but just a single story, which helps out a lot. They are not off all weekend but the temp. is set quite a bit higher.

We have problems with some sort of filters clogging up and causing the units to shut down. They have to be cleaned by hvac contractors so it takes them a while to get back up and running when it happens.

It is not cool when the chiller isn't chilling :roll: :roll:

I'm glad I have the flexibility to work from home a couple days a week because the nickname I've given to the building I work in is 'The Building Of Death'. Nothing works, including the AC half the time and since we're moving out next year it isn't going to get fixed. I take the term 'business casual' to new lows. I'm surprised they let me in the building somethings.

BassAddict said:
I dont feel bad for any of yas!!!! It was atleast 97 in the shop the other day and i poured in it for 8 hours!!!!

...and don't think we're not happy you did. Can't wait to try out a couple of those worms this weekend :)

BassAddict said:
poolie said:
BassAddict said:
I dont feel bad for any of yas!!!! It was atleast 97 in the shop the other day and i poured in it for 8 hours!!!!

...and don't think we're not happy you did. Can't wait to try out a couple of those worms this weekend :)

You get your shipping number?

Yep.. those bad boys are on their way. Thanks man!

Feel for ya fellas.
It's 57 here right now,might get up to 75 though tomorrow.

I paint in an auto paint booth all day. With the bake cycle running for 30 min. after each job. It can be 110 in the summer. Great for weight loss. :roll:

best job ever for me was at a poultry plant when I was 19, I cut up fresh slaughtered chicken, put them on ice and shipped. so temp was always around 40 degrees or so in the plant. it was NICE to be in on those HOT days :lol: The back fire was fresh raw cut poultry stinks BAD, worse than rotten meat

When I came in this morning it was 77 here (which is around normal for our side of the building) but we'll have to see once the sun gets to cooking whether or not they fixed it for real. The girl that keeps reign on these issues said that they fixed the chiller and that it started cooling down yesterday afternoon. We shall see!!!

It hasn't been over 70 here for at least a couple weeks. Nice and cool. It got down to 38 last night so we had to close the windows in the house. :lol:

Loggerhead Mike said:
ahhh your spoiled. its 85 in the shop and 100 plus when your hovering over a hot motor

Yeah maybe, but I've put in my time on the other side too. I've pulled fiber optic cable around railroad yards from Michigan to Atlanta in the heat, the cold, the rain... THAT WAS MISERABLE!!!

The only ac I get is when I test drive someones car. And I first have to get in after the windows have been up most of the day. But thats ok, Im not stuck in a building all day, Im out sucking up the ac in some dudes Lexus.

ober51 said:
In the older schools, all that concrete heats up quick - in 90* weather it vecomes unbearable.

Yeah, and ain't it funny, when I went to school I can remember being let out 1, maybe 2 days in 4 years of high school for it being to hot. Now, every school's got to be air conditioned!! But on the other hand, I remember thinking that not letting us out when it was hot was pointless because I sure wasn't learning anything anyway.

Latest posts