Mice take over.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sccamper

Reaction score
Ive been busy this year with many interest that has kept me from doing much boating. After spending the weekend at the lake with our new(to us) travel trailer, I missed the boat. I popped the cover the other day to find that mice have been making themselves at home. Making nest out of any thing they could find. Items include: net, 2 life jackets, anchor rope, whistle laynard, and my flag that was attatched to my rear nav light. Luckily I have not found any wire damage. Not to mention the poop everywhere. Lessons learned, put out mouse poison, spend more time on the lake.

I hate mice with a passion. Every Winter we get the ones that try to get into the house. Poison, glue traps, regular traps,mothballs and Chewy (Our Cat). I have not seen any since.

I have a split level ranch, I blocked every single hole on the floor we "live" on. So nothing can get up on that level.

that's carolina mice for ya... guess you could call them homesteaders since you neglected your boat! [-X

just kidding... but I keep a pack of Decon in my boat through the week just incase some decide they want to make a new home..

snag one of your neighbors cats and leave um in the boat with the cover over it :wink:

or you could just go catch a few black snakes and them mice will be wipped out in no time

i recently bought a boat and new it smelled funny, thought it was the composted leaves. once i got all that cleaned up the smell turned to mice. had to cut out the top of the rear bench and remove the stirofoame. found 2 nests and the foam was satureated..PU..

malaki said:
i recently bought a boat and new it smelled funny, thought it was the composted leaves. once i got all that cleaned up the smell turned to mice. had to cut out the top of the rear bench and remove the stirofoame. found 2 nests and the foam was satureated..PU..

Welcome to TinBoats malaki!

heck of a 1st post

If you use poison be careful, you never know what will eat the dead or dying mice You do not want to kill your pets, the neighbors pets or beneficial animals. Try non toxic methods 1st (sticky traps work great!)

I cant tell if the poison had been messed with yet, and I dont see any dead mice after a week. There is no signs of anything else in the boat either.

As for the charges of boat neglect, I have accepted responsablity for these charges and spent some quality time on the lake with the boat yesterday. Caught no fish but enjoyed the morning.

Latest posts