Hookerz tackle hooks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand hook do you buy? (for Plastics)

• Owner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gamakatsu

• True Turn

• Mustad

• Eagle CLaw

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • HookerzTackle

• Other

• Whatever is on sale or the cheapest.

• Total voters

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
This will be the final review of 2007, but I expect answers to come in even throughout next year because some of us are not lucky enough to fish throughout the year.

The hook is probably one of the most important components when fishing plastics. Without a sharp hook or a hook that can penetrate, you have nothing. Hooks that bend or break do not belong in any our arsenal.

So why this review? I feel as though I'm programmed to buy Gamakatsu hooks no matter what. I will not look at other brands. At $2.50+ for 5 hooks, there has to be a better solution.

There is a small company called Hookerztackle that makes there own hooks at awesome prices. I want to see how they compare to the big boys. I have read that it is an awesome hook and that it can not be beat for quality, sharpness and price. I need to see and test these to be able to tell for myself. This is where you guys come in. Do the hooks live up to there name?

Direct from the website:
https://www.hookerztackle.com/

Why these hooks?
Because we at Hookerz feel our product can rival allother big name production companies for needle point sharpness. All our hooks are produced from the highest quality surgical carbon steel wire. They go through wet grinding then high speed buffing and finally chemical dipping to achieve an absolute razor point.
Is sharper better?
Yes, we believe with hooks as scary sharp as ours, fish will have a harder time ejecting out your bait when hooksets are missed or go unnoticed. The end result...more fish in the boat.
How about price?
This one is my absolute favorite, we offer 2X's the quantity of hooks as all competitors at the same retail cost. The result 50% cheaper prices! Even larger discounts in Pro sized units!

Review
I am ordering 300 of the EWG hooks in the sizes 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 4/0, 5/0, and 1.
EWG002.jpg

You will be allowed up to 10 hooks (please choose a couple of sizes at least). Pick any size you use or want to try. I will pacakage them separately and mail them off to you. Please respond here buy saying you want in on the review, and that you want three of the 5/0, two of the 4/0 etc etc etc.....

I would like honest, professional, feedback about quality, sharpness, and durability compared to the hooks you normally use. I do plan on sending hookerz this link so they can see the feedback.

Please PM me if you have any questions, and only take the hooks if you are going to do the review seriously.

Here we will track the size and how many are left for your choosing (up to 10)
1/0 -19
Esquired - 3
Nickk - 3
jkbiocz - 3
shamoo - 3
Fishin NJ -2
Bassaddict - 3
BoatMechanic - 2
nicdicarlo - 2
little anth - 4
bcritch - 3
redbug - 3
2/0 -16
Esquired - 3
Nickk - 3
jkbiocz - 3
shamoo - 3
Fishin NJ -3
Bassaddict - 2
BoatMechanic - 3
nidicarlo - 2
Fishinsmylife - 2
bcritch - 3
jawz13 - 2
redbug - 3
Shinerman77 - 3
3/0 -09
Nickk - 4
Fishin NJ -3
shamoo - 3
BoatMechanic - 3
Bassaddict - 3
Waterwings - 3
litllte anth - 6
Fishinsmylife - 4
bcritch - 2
jawz13 - 5
redbug - 3
Shinerman - 2
4/0 -35
jkbiocz - 3
Bassaddict - 2
SMdave - 3
Waterwings - 2
bcritch - 2
jawz13 - 3
5/0 -36
nicdicarlo - 3
smdave - 5
Waterwings - 2
Fishinsmylife - 4
1 -41
Esquired - 2
Fishin NJ -2
BoatMechanic - 2
nicdicarlo - 3

3.5X Flippin Hook:
3/0-8
Little Anth - 2
4.5/0-8
Little Anth - 2
5.5/0-10

I am in!

size 1, 1/0 and 2/0 are what I use the most

a few of each will do me fine

so I guess I should put

Hook Size #1
Quantity: 2

Hook Size #1/0
Quantity: 3

Hook Size #2/0
Quantity: 3

I like Sickle Style hooks if they make those
Great Idea Mr. James :D

Oh yeah - I use Matzuo America Sickle hooks for just about everything. EWG worm hooks, for plastic, sickle baitholders for salt water fishing in various sizes.

Sounds good, all I use is gamakatsu with the occasional owner hook. I will be anxious to try them out.

4/0- 3

3/0-3

2/0-3

Thanks

I'm in Mr. Jim, 1/0=3, 2/0=3, I also like the gammy skipgap 3/0 for tubes and beavers :)

Jim, I'll try out some of the 1 , 1/0, 2/0, and a couple5/0s if possible. Thanks.

size 1 - 3
size 1/0- 2
size 2/0 - 2
size 5/0 - 3

I usually buy Gamakatsu's as well, sometimes Owners, which are sharper, but have a broader point, like a knife, which can DEVASTATE delicate plastics.

thanks jim i just wanted to say how sweet this cite it. i have been to a few with nothing but fighting. with the free hooks and shamano sticker this is so cool. everyone here is nice and knologeable and i just wanted to say this is sweet and keep it up guys.

Ken - you got it right

I think the 1st thing that we need to do is offer a comparison with or "other" hooks, that way you can do more then say, Hmmm, seemed sharp. . . .

Latest posts